5.0 out of 5 stars Very good advice on healthy eating.
Western culture centres around processed convenience foods, which we all know are bad for us and make us fat, but we keep eating them because they're, well, convenient... This book offers you a new way of viewing food, and enjoying the feeling of being really healthy.

It identifies three body types, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, and it's very easy to relate to...
Published on 13 April 2010 by Heidi Glocke

3.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous recipe book. Useful general dietary guidelines. Less keen on the superstitious stuff
There's an extensive range of tasty and healthy recipes in this book which would have been worth the purchase alone. I have now cooked quite a few of the meals and can recommend the flavour combinations and variety of meals. The recipes are simply presented and described, and are easy to follow. Most of the ingredients are available in bigger supermarkets, and it's easy...
Published on 1 May 2010 by Rowena Hoseason

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, simple - but know what you're getting, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Anjum's Eat Right for Your Body Type: the super-healthy diet inspired by Ayurveda (Paperback)
This is a simple introduction to an Arurvedic diet. Nothing more or less. The recipes are great, but I think it's odd to be so vague about that. I can see if you brought it as a getting-thin diet book, you could be pretty disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dedication, 23 Feb 2014
I felt I had to change my eating habits and a friend has this book. It is a good book. Though to be totally honest I am finding it difficult to follow and change my old routines. Still some of the dishes I have managed have been good. As with all these things practise makes perfect. So easy to slip back into old habits. I had been to a Ayurevdic Therapist so I knew I was a Vatta which made it simpler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a cook book, 16 Feb 2014
I love this book and and given to many people as a gift. The self diagnosis and suggested foods are excellent, there are certain foods that never agree with me and now I know why. I did a spreadsheet of the foods that agree with and I should eat more of and took this shopping with me until it became second nature. This really helped me with my digestion and awareness of foods that we giving me indigestion etc. Buy it, you'll love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Anjum's Eat Right for Your Body Type Review, 8 Dec 2013
I have two other books that Anjum has produced and find them really good and easy to follow.

I'm hoping to increase my range of vegetarian recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and so fulfilling..., 15 Aug 2013
A lovely and guide to easy recipes, and amazing tips too - would never have guessed how wrong I was with my dietary habits! Well on my way to making healthy changes to my lifestyle and feeling better each day! Thank you, Anjum! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing Ayurveda into my diet, 30 July 2013
Great intro to cooking using Ayurveda. I have cooked many of the dishes and they are delicious. I wanted some recipes to help me with food ideas to improve my knowledge of applying Ayurvedic principles in my diet and this has certainly for me started. Great if you are new to Ayurveda, like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Jun 2013
I love this book, I have tried two recipes and they were both delicious. Everything Anjum explains makes since and since I bought the book I have noticed that Ayurveda has been spoken about more and more lately, so it must do something right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy - a life transformer!, 4 May 2013
This is a recipe book with a difference. I love Anjum Anand's Indian cookery style and purchased this book to find out some healthy and tasty recipes. Along with that I had a wonderful insight to Ayurveda, which I am enjoying studying in further depth. Love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle rather than just diet..., 19 April 2013
Withnail67 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an attractive book written in a friendly and accessible style. It is well-informed and makes a well-reasoned case for completely re-evaluating many Western attitudes to food and health.

Ayurveda is the ancient Indian guiding principle behind the book, and while interesting, the book does presume a commitment to this wider ethos as well as to the recipies themselves. Perhaps a good choice for reading with an eye to re-orientating your lifestyle, rather than a comfort-cookbook read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty recipes, 17 April 2013
I really love this book. For a novice at Ayurveda, like me, this book has made chosing the daily dishes a whole lot easier. Every recipe we tried has been delicious. A must have when you are interested in Ayurveda!

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›