4.0 out of 5 stars Spinach Balls
Published on 24 Sep 2010 by Bookaholic

1.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing
Attractive pictures, but rather disappointing, simplistic recipes only suited for so. who has never got in touch with Italian cooking before.
Published 11 months ago by Michael Schweidler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Spinach Balls, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking (Hardcover)
I have several of Carluccio's recipe books, all of which provide inspiration for terrific, tasty meals. The menu that Carluccio created for his eponymous cafes is still the family favourite over other Italian style cafe chains. How wonderful that this recipe collection includes some of those cafe favourites most notably the pasta with courgettes and spinach balls, Penne Giardiniera. Having attempted this dish on my own I can't wait to try the proper recipe. The slight, inevitable, overlap with other books by Carluccio is all that stops me giving the book 5*.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 2 Dec 2009
This review is from: Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking (Hardcover)
I recently purchased Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking and was very, very impressed by this lovely book. All the recipes work, none of them are fiddly or require expensive ingredients and every one I have tried so far has been absolutely delicious. This is a great introduction to simple Italian food and a book that will be getting a lot of use in our kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 5 Dec 2009
Clive Warwick - See all my reviews
This review is from: Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful, brilliantly written book full of lovely recipes that taste great and are extremely easy to make. Antonio's best book yet!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Dec 2013
If you don't have any Italian cook books or any cook books by Carluccio then this one could be for you, it is a little smaller than A4 size but has plenty of solid recipes in it. My own issue is that 'The Collection' by Antonio Carluccio has nearly all of these recipes and more so if it was up to me I would get 'The Collection'

4.0 out of 5 stars Carluccio's simple cooking, 18 May 2010
This review is from: Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking (Hardcover)
This is the first Carluccio book I have bought but having seen him many times on television and been impressed with his recipes I decided to try it. As the title says it is simple cooking but still strong on flavour, all the receipes I have tried, so far, have been easy to execute and turned out well. I would recommend this to people who want quick but good italian food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Italian cookery, 29 Oct 2013
Casa das Flores (Costa da Prata, Portugal) - See all my reviews
Good book, as one would expect but I do wish cookery authors would consider that their readers do not necessarily live where there's a delicatessen etc readily available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing recipes, 25 Oct 2013
Carluccio has many simple but beautifully fresh recipes in this book. No recipe is too complicated or time-consuming. The results so far have all been wonderfully well received! Will definitely buy his other books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easy-to-use cookbook, 13 Jan 2013
If you enjoy italian food but hav'n't got a lot of experience of its preparation this is the book for you. The reipes are wide-ranging and clearly set-out and following them is like having Antonio at your elbow. I have used this collection of recipes nearly every week since I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Italian Cookery, 2 Sep 2012
E. Williams (London) - See all my reviews
The Daily Telegraph published some sample recipes from this book, and they looked good and tempted me to try some. This led to me buying the book, hardback at a very reasonable price. I love Italian food.

As an inexperienced cook I find the simplicity of most of the recipes is an inspiration and invitation to try my luck - mostly successfully.
The Italian version of mushrooms on toast is a revelation.
However, lime syrup cooked until it caramelised produced..........toffee, which was very difficult to pour over mangos.
Taken with a normal commonsense approach, I'm very pleased with results.

Ted Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars love italian cooking, love Antonio, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking (Hardcover)
The recipes are simple, compared with some italian recipes I have followed in the past. I like the way the book is laid out and his little asides on left-overs. The pasta and vegetable sections are particularly good. This book will definitely be one of my favourites.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa0acbdbc)

Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking
Antonio Carluccio's Simple Cooking by Antonio Carluccio (Hardcover - 4 Sep 2009)
16.00