5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Fancies
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:04 Mins

Cake Chic is a fabulously stylish book filled with breathtaking cake and biscuit designs. From page one, you can't help but fall in love with the exquisite designs and ideas illustrated in this book.

Published on 6 Sep 2009 by Laura Stone

2.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Cakes by Peggy Porschen
Published on 10 July 2009 by S. Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Fancies, 6 Sep 2009
Laura Stone (London) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:04 Mins

As only a novice cake decorator myself, my first thought was these designs would be dreadfully complicated to replicate, but the author's instructions and clear guidelines on each and every recipe make them definitely doable.

I can't wait to try my hand at some of these glorious cakes and wow my friends. Love it! Very inspirational and great fun; would make a super gift for any pretty lady who loves baking and who wants to be inspired!

Laura

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake Chic- true to its name!, 8 Sep 2009
Bookworm (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
I was delighted when this book was published. As a keen cookie and cupcake maker I often use Peggy Porschen's ideas for my own creations. Although I wish that sometimes my results turn out as perfect as hers!!! I thought the ideas conjured up in this book are stylish and pretty, ideal for presents or for those who just love baking. I wouldn't recommend this book for a beginner but for someone who is more confident with icing techniques. I was pleased to see that the instructions for each project were more detailed than those from the last two books (I found them quite tricky to follow). I also liked the book visually, stunning photography with lovely colour schemes that has been well put together. I'm already looking forward to the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, beautiful cake!, 28 Sep 2009
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book with some fabulous cake and cookie ideas. Its lovely just to flick through. Although I'm sure this book is not intended for beginners, I am a beginner and just used the recipes to bake a two tier cake (rich chocolate on one tier and victoria sponge for the other). It turned out fabulous and tasted great, lots of compliments! I decorated it using advice from the book but my own design and although it wasn't perfect it was pretty good. I would recommend this book to anyone regardless of cake decorating experience. I also have the first Peggy Porschen book, but found this one to be the most helpful and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars super cakes!, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
A fab book! I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys cake decorating or baking. It has some great ideas, some simple, some a little more challenging. Contains some great photos and is clearly set out with easy to follow instructions. The cakes I have made from the book- to date- have been a success and people have been very complimentary!! I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic for the eye!, 28 Feb 2010
K. Willsmer (Seaview, Isle of Wight UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
As with other Porschen books, the cakes and goodies shown have real WOW factor.... I spent ages just pouring over the pictures and admiring the designs. However this is not a book for beginners and alot of the designs require a certain amount of knowledge to attempt.The 'Dots and Bows' are a good place to start.
All in all a beautiful book and plenty of good ideas to attempt, or just enjoy looking at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
Once again Peggy has produced a fantastic book, with beautiful photos and designs and easy to follow instructions. I have all of her books to date and can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book makes me happy!, 7 Jun 2010
L. Trent (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
If your considering buying this book, then do - its fantastic! Its a beautifully presented book full of gorgeous images of equally gorgeous cakes. Its one of those books that just makes you feel happy by looking through it. I found the answers to many of my cake questions, it is inspirational and easy to follow - although my attempts weren't quite as perfect as Peggy's! But i did feel inspired to keep practising. A great book in my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Cakes by Peggy Porschen, 10 July 2009
S. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
Two years ago, I was asked by a friend to make a chocolate wedding cake for her wedding. After twice attemting the Rich Chocolate cake from the Romantic Cake book by Peggy Porschen, which failed each time!! Two friends also tried it with the same results. I contacted the P P team. I was later sent an e-mail with an apology saying that the amount of flour should be halved. They told me that they would be contacting the publishers. I have since seen the book in two cake craft centres, each with the original recipe. The amount of flour for the cake should be, 150g instead of 300g! The cake turned out beautiful!!!!

Sylvia Smith.

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of my capability, 21 Aug 2013
Janet (Colchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
Way out of my capability, l seem to order then regret it as if its beyond my capability then it cost to send back in some cases just as much as cost of book, so end up keeping.

3.0 out of 5 stars I do love Peggy Porschen books but...., 1 May 2013
This review is from: Cake Chic (Hardcover)
PP's books are always a joy to flick through. Instructions easy to follow and pics very pretty but having purchased her books before there are quite a few duplication's of recipes etc. Understandable but a bit disappointing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x10f56048)

Cake Chic
Cake Chic by Peggy Porschen (Hardcover - 17 July 2009)
13.40