on 26 February 2009
This book is EXACTLY the same as the Lighten Up with the black and yellow cover. It's very confusing because Amazon are suggesting that you buy both books together, but the only difference is the size and the cover (and subtitle). It's very good but you don't need two!
on 22 April 2009
This is a fabulous book. Recipes are easy to read and quick to prepare, using in the main ingredients which are available in supermarkets. The fact that it also cleverly provides meals lighter in calories than usual is an added bonus, rather than the main reason for buying a copy. We used to carry our sole copy back and forth to France, but now think it indispensable in each country. All our friends who have eaten our meals have bought their own copy. If you have not yet tried Jill Dupleix's recipes, now is the time to start.
on 21 November 2012
This is a great book with lots of very good, easy recipes. I am not 100 % convinced by all the recipes in it but some of my all time favourites are from this book. The breakfast burrito, Mexican soup and Korean bibimbap are well established recipes in our house now! There are lots of other delicious recipes too and having received so much positive feedback from people after cooking them the (mostly fairly simple) recipes I bought a copy for my mum as well! I think a lot of cook books can get quite similar and repetitive but this offers something different. I would definitely recommend it.
on 21 August 2012
There are some lovely recipes here, but the book would be twice as good if they added calorie counts to the recipes.
on 22 September 2013
A fresh approach, the recipes are beautifully photographed and presented, makes me want to go and cook
Definitely not a "diet cook book", but so much the better for it.
on 4 August 2011
Really only for a complete beginner with no confidence to experiment.
on 9 December 2015
Delicious recipes.
on 11 June 2009
Very strange;
Amazon tries to sell me a package deal with two Jill Dupleix "LightenUp"
books
They are exactly the same books..
Why buy them both?
I was puzzled and nobody at Amazon could explane me the value of this deal.
After sending it back I had to pay P&P..
The original book is fabulous,by the way...
on 2 November 2013
i am trying to give up the weed so am trying to eat better,i found this book helpfull with interesting different recipies.which will hep.