on 15 July 2010
I have to say I do not agree with other reviews about this recipe book. Many of the listings are not really recipes at all - just the combination of one or two ingredients. It is difficult to find much originality here, or moments of "oh i wondered how they made that", or "now that does sound delicious". Yes I understand mezze are simple tapas like dishes but I was expecting more inspiration than this: cucumber salad; carrot salad; feta cheese salad :(

Other than that the book is nicely presented, but content is king I'm afraid.
on 16 June 2009
Helou's book is a great introduction to Mediterranean cooking. Her flavours are clean and fresh, and her recipes easy to follow. She provides enough information about unusual ingredients to ensure that you can find them in local shops where things may not be labelled in English, but almost all of her recipes can come straight from the supermarket.

She is enthusiastic and knowledgeable, without ever lecturing, which is great.

Highly recommended
on 21 September 2009
A great book - I wanted an introduction to Lebanese/Middle Eastern cooking and this book was it.
Although it took me some time to track down many of the ingredients, it was worth the effort. A comprehensive and easy to follow way to enjoy mezze! Thoroughly recommended.