5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...
Published on 8 May 2007 by Y. S. Young

2.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same recipes and photos
Published on 4 May 2007 by Cyntia Villela de A. Monteiro

2.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same recipes and photos, 4 May 2007
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
I pre-ordered this title and "Exceptional Breads" last march, because I thought I would get some brand new and delicious recipes from Dan Lepard and his wonderful bakery to add to my collection (I already have his other two books, "The Handmade Loaf" and "Baking with Passion"), but I am very disappointed now. They arrived earlier today and I began to browse through them right away, just to discover that Quadrille Press has split "Baking with Passion" into these two books. Their entire contents (that is, the recipes, the photos and the additional comments) are exactly the same as in "Baking...". Quadrille should have informed this reproduction very clearly to potentioal readers/consumers at least on the cover, beneath the titles, as a sign of respect for us. There is not a single notice in small letters about this anywhere inside the books. Would it not be for this reason, I would give more stars. Save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 8 May 2007
Y. S. Young (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
Like the previous reviewer, I ordered both 'baking with passion' and 'exceptional cakes' at the same time. I was quite annoyed until I tried the recipes and then I was blown away. We've tried almost half of the recipes from 'exceptional cakes' and without fail the instructions are clear, concise and the cakes are AMAZING. We are working our way through them all and haven't found one we didn't like!!! They might seems complicated and time consuming when you read the instructions but follow them step by step and the results are the same as the illustrations. I would definately recommend this book....and I just gave the other one to a friend!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Part 1 of Baking with Passion-didnt tell you they broke it up, 27 April 2011
Meghan A. Hermann "hermam42" (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
I have had my copy of Baking with Passion for over decade now and I thought it might be good to get some other Dan Lepard titles. NOT HAPPY, when I ordered this and Exceptional Bread, they are ARE Part 1 and 2 of Baking with Passion.
Save your money and just get Baking with Passion so you are not deceived by the printer of these books, like I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious cakes with flawless and reliable recipes, 22 April 2010
H. Stevenson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
A good selection of cakes, all of which a delicious. The introductions are detailed and interesting and give you a good idea of what the cake will be like. The recipes are detailed, but always work very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars impossible to fail, 30 Mar 2010
Catarina - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
Dan Lepard is an exceptional baker whose recipes are a joy to try and eat.
The instructions are informative clear and work
It gets down the basics for confident baking

3.0 out of 5 stars paperback, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
Didn't realise it is a paperback. It arrived in this tiny form. recipes great but he spine of the wretched book will not open on the pages short of breaking it. Will get hardback cookbooks next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pictures!, 20 Mar 2012
Miss S. Long "saml82" (Southampton, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
I love this book! The recipes are great and the pictures are fab! I feel pictures in a cookery book are an absolute must and this book does not disappoint. Lovely recipes like Orange Cheesecake Brownies - delicious, and the Chocolate and Caramel Tart - yum!

3.0 out of 5 stars not what i was exepecting, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
I ordered this book expecting a selection of CAKE recipes........i was rather disappointed to discover most of the recipes were not for cakes. Instead it is a compilation of classic french bakery items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy cakes, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
There are some great recipes in here, for cakes and tarts too. It has most of the basics of baking in it, and clear instructions. Dan Lepard recipes never disappoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Professionals only!, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice (Paperback)
If you are a very experienced baker you will like this book, I didn't, I did not like anything about it.

Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice
Exceptional Cakes: Baker & Spice by Richard Whittington (Paperback - 6 April 2007)
Used & New from: £13.54