5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious decadence - highly recommended.
The Wolseley is one of my favourite restaurants in London and I have eaten there many times. When I saw this book I didn't hesitate to order it straight away.
Published on 23 Mar 2009 by Origami-chan

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, nothing more
Nothing in it that is new or particularly inspired, but it is a good read none the less and makes you want to spend some more time over breakfast. Gill is always a good read, funny and sometimes raunchy, a gastronome after my own heart. But don't buy a brand new one, buy it second hand, it doesn't really deserve you to splash out.
Published 8 months ago by Chef Keene

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious decadence - highly recommended., 23 Mar 2009
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
This book is by no means some boring cook book, but rather a personal journey. It not only gives the best recipes on how to prepare a mouthwatering breakfast, but also talks about its origins. In the same perfectionist style of this establishment, you are guided from an Austrian Croissant to the ideal poached egg to a real English fry-up. The tone of writing is lively, lighthearted and has that pinch of snobbery in it which distinguishes the country egg from the city egg, if you know what I mean. So for anyone who enjoys class and sophistication this book is a must.
But of course, it can never beat the real experience of dining at the Wolseley...

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous,....., 25 July 2008
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
Gorgeous, gorgeous book. I've eaten at the Wolseley many times albeit never breakfast and this charming little book is just the bees knees! Beautifully presented, lovely pictures, delightful recipes - what more can I say. Can't wait for Lunch, Tea and Dinner. This will rank very high on my next Christmas shopping list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Great product

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, nothing more, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant dining and history in a beautiful package!, 17 Dec 2012
A. C. Benjamin (Amsterdam, NL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
This is a thin book, but worth every penny if you like the story of elegant dining service and the history of breakfast in one. Written with wit, it is beautifully printed and makes a lovely gift for anyone interested in good food, the history of breafast, and fine food service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Breakfast at The Wolseley, 10 Jan 2010
C. Whitehorne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
I actually bought this book as a gift for someone and I have to say, that this is perfect if you're into cultural history, great food, beautiful surroundings and what's more - you are even shown how to recreate the Wolseley's famous breakfast menu!! This quality hardback is written by renowned food crtic A A Gill and is so brilliant I'm even going to get a copy for myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tepid Slop, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
I can't belive the overwhelmingly positive reviews of this miserable book, I can only imagine that the previous reviewers were relatives of Mr. Gill. The prose is self-indulgent and goes into far too much detail on what the author was wearing whilst eating his breakfast. Do we really need to know he was wearing freshly ironed white M&S Y-fronts with a navy trim? Do we need to know that his scrotal sac was uncomfortably itchy? And we definitely don't need 42 pages on how to eat fried bread in polite company, which is excessive even if you like fried bread, which I don't. He dismisses black pudding as "far too ethnic", and thinks fried quail eggs are preferable to fried hen eggs. I would advise you to save your money and spend it on a proper breakfast elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read - makes you feel hungry though!, 15 Sep 2009
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
I have been to the WOLSELEY for lunch but never for breakfast, so this was a great introduction including some behind the scene tales. Makes your mouth water, so dont read it if you are hungry.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking book, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
Chose this book as a Christmas present for family members. It looks really stylish (great colour choice for the cover). Faultless delivery. No reason to not give it a five-star rating (though I can't comment on the contents - it's a gift and as a Welsh person, I'd never proclaim to be a fan of AA Gill's writing!).

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for a friend and turned the pages with the greatest care so not to spoil any of it., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Breakfast at the Wolseley (Hardcover)
I can only say what I saw was excellent. Very attractive appearance, good pictures, and it's for an American friend who loves London and I hope it will encourage him to visit the Wolseley, when he visits next.

Breakfast at the Wolseley
Breakfast at the Wolseley by AA Gill (Hardcover - 16 May 2008)