on 14 April 2006
We all have our favourite cookbooks but this great little book, with wonderful recipes, is structured in a very different way.

The book showcases over 60 different "wonderfoods", each of which does us good in a number of differnt ways. Do you need a boost for your skin, an energy boost or do you need to improve your digestion ? There are sections on all these plus more with tasty, inspiring recipes that include the natural foods that we can use to help cpmbat specific problems without popping a pill.

For each wonderfood it also tells you what is properties are - for example fresh pineapple contains an enzyme that can help digestion but also reduces inflammation ? Pineapple can also help bronchitis, asthma and sinus problems as well as relieve angina and thrombosis due to it's blood thinning effects. All this sounds a bit clinical but Natalie goes on to give fantastic recipes that show how to utilise each ingredient - rather better than just trying to incorporate a slice of pineapple into your diet everyday.
on 8 March 2006
I ordered this book last week and have not had my head out of it since! I have even taken it to work with me to read!
It is full of knowledge and information about loads of wonderfoods that benefit you in some way or another followed by recipes for the foods.
It is easy to follow, the pictures and recipes are amazing (i made the pineapple fish curry and the granola at the weekend).
It is one of those books that you will also return to for advice and inspiration! There are chapters in the book that are broken down into diet, skin, moods, energy, sex, detox, etc etc which advise you on what foods to eat.
I also have Natalies Juice book and "The Kitchen Shrink" which are both superb! A real must if you are interested in health and well being without all that nonsense of fad diets that is always about!
on 10 April 2007
Fantastic!The Author Natalie Savona really does know her stuff.A very easy to read informative book, with loads of lovely recipes that not only taste great but tell you exactly how they are helping your body. The book is split in sections covering different areas, such as Skin, digestion , heart,energy etc. Although the Author has written a book 'Wonderfoods for Kids'I found my daughter loving nearly all the recipes tried so far.

This book clearly is evidence as to why Natalie is one of Britain's leading Nutritionist's.
on 6 March 2006
I brought this book after having purchased two of Natalies previous books "Super Juices" and "The Kitchen Shrink". This is a wonderful little book with lots of useful information and lovey recipes of which I have tried four already and I only got the book two days ago (the granola is amazing as is the pineapple fish curry!). It's one of those books that you should have on your bookshelf... I have picked it up so many times over the weekend... if you love food and want to know more about eating wonderfoods and finding out what foods are good for your skin, emotions, moods, detox etc then this is the book. It's not one of those "fad" books.... I was amazed at the wealth of information that it contained! The layout, photos and terms/references within the book make it very easy to read and follow.
Go and buy it now!
on 6 November 2006
This book is wonderful! It contains a whole host of recipes, all of which are good for you and all of which taste good too. The photographs are stunning and the text is informative without being boring. A must-buy if you want healthy but scrumptious recipes!
on 28 April 2009
A compact format (14cm x 17cm with 320 pages) and attractive design, beautiful photos. Excellent suggestions for meals, with the emphasis on nutrition, so you are more informed about the health benefits of ingredients. Most ingredients should be found fairly easily wherever you live (not too exotic) but the combinations are inspired. The quote on the cover from Sainsbury's Magazine suggests that, 'This fantastic guide should be issued to every household.' They may be right. Both vegetarians and meat/fish-eaters will enjoy this book.
on 16 June 2011
This book is really interesting and informative about the good nutrition that is required to ensure a healthy diet. At the beginning of each chapter the author gives a brief summary of the health benefits of a selection of 'wonderfoods' that we should all include in our daily meals. This is followed by easy recipes utilising the wonderfoods illustrated. It is a book that I often dip into for inspiration, it is nicely laid out and illustrated with attractive images of the foods in question. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about making good food choices.
on 1 February 2010
I bought this book among a few others to start eating more healthy. I tried every single recipe from it and while cooking and eating the meals, I lost weight and felt wonderful, full of energy.
The book is a very handy size with beautiful pictures, easy recipes with a few quality ingredients.
There is nothing I don't like about this cute little piece of cookery.
Only wish the author soon wrote another, equally good one!
Enjoy!
on 22 July 2007
This is a little gem of a book ~ beautiful & inspiring..
A compact book, crammed full of full colour photo's of 'Wonderfoods' & fascinating & inspiring facts about the foods we can easily include in our everyday diet.

Divided up into sections on 'Age' & 'Sex', for example, & including recipe ideas for each food. This book brings the subject of nutrition to life for all, in an easily accessable format.

This book is a joy to pick up and look at/ read ~ I dare you NOT to be inspired everytime!

: )
on 15 June 2014
This little book, gives a wonderful insight into nutrition and tells you exactly what the foods do for you.
I have bought this for lots of friends. I find I refer to this book most days, when I'm cooking and shopping you may as well eat foods to help our aches pains and health problems.
Taste much better than vitamins from a bottle, and cheaper too.