5.0 out of 5 stars Eggy Heaven!
Published on 28 April 2008 by K. Johnston

3.0 out of 5 stars Eggs
I found this book an inspiing read, but most of the recipes, although they look easy were to me quite complicated to make (it is Michel Roux after all!) I would say they would be difficult to manage without a fair amount of experience. All the same, it's a beautifully written book with lovely photograhy and quite nice just to read.
Published on 12 April 2008 by J. C. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggy Heaven!, 28 April 2008
K. Johnston (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
Okay, time to put jokes about egg powder and egg sarnies aside. I wouldn't want anyone thinking of buying this book to be put off as this is quietly a work of total genius. And actually that's the thing about the egg. It is a bit like the potato in that way - a humble, simple ingredient - but it can be used in so many delicious ways. It's a perfect food. If you only have an egg in the cupboard then you have a meal. And in this book Michel Roux exploits the egg oeufre (apologies...) to the maximum - from eggs as breakfast, as comfort food, as elegant dish, as bit of cheffy brilliance. But I quite disagree that his recipes are tricky. Yes, he might throw in the odd technique, but all that requires is a little bit more attention, nothing a regular kind of a cook like me can't handle. And the results are so worthwhile! I defy anyone to not become addicted to his scrambled eggs - do it once, and you will never again have to endure overcooked, grey, rubbery scrambled eggs. We are talking silky, eggy perfection on a plate. Please, I urge you, if you want to eat simply, but well, for the rest of your life, all you need is a copy of this inspired and authoritative book on your cookbook shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 16 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
I admit I do a lot of cooking, and consequently find this book easy to follow. I have around 100 cookbooks by many chef's, from Delia Smith (Safe and easy 1st time recipes) to Thomas Keller (Loads of practice needed, but worth it).

Michel Roux's "Eggs" is one of my favourites, and superb for filling in a rainy Sunday morning. Every recipe I've tried from this book has taken my cooking up a level in flavour and texture, with the only limit from perfection being my own inability in presentation. The book covers the versatility of eggs superbly, with a myriad of applications included - and the explanations are excellent. Never before have I been able to cook a Scotch Egg with the egg perfectly cooked instead of a bullet in the middle of a sausage. The Pasta recipe is just sublime...

5.0 out of 5 stars Michel Roux, Eggs, 4 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
This is a really great book, full of ideas for exciting things to do with eggs - just the job as we've recently started keeping hens. I'm enjoying eating my way through it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
This book is a MUST. There is go way around it.
It has the best recipe for meringues. My family couldn't believe how light they were.
The hollandaise sauce is something else.
The best. And it's very easy to follow the recipes.
Thank you so very much Mr. Roux. Give us more please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book - hundreds of ideas to transform the humble egg, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
As with all Michel Roux's books this little book is full of recipes that you won't have come across before - not always the easiest but usually guaranteed to give excellent results if you follow the instructions (and Michel's general guidance). Lots of ideas for savoury and sweet dishes from simple to more complicated. The book is very well illustrated and if you've ever wondered if you really have a small / medium or large egg - then look no further than the introduction. For me this is a kitchen classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 April 2010
Mrs. Christine J. Horseman (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eggs (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a present for a friend - not likely - I am hanging on to it. The pictures are clear and inspiring, the recipes are to die for. What a find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggs cookbook, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
Absolutely brilliant book, covers all you need to know about cooking and using eggs by a master chef, with plenty of recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
Pretty good recipes and all the classics. Nice easy to follow, not too fussy and precise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew you could do so much with eggs?, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
Having recently got a few hens, we found that we had a lot of eggs in the house and needed some inspiration as to what to do with them. This book was an excellent solution, taking us through the basics of perfectly boiled eggs and up to some much more sophisticated and interesting recipes. A really comprehensive selection of ideas and a lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this product to anyone!!, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Eggs (Paperback)
I bought this egg book for my girlfriend for her birthday and she absolutely loves it!! the recipes are fantastic and yummy and the recipes are very easy to make and follow, i would recommend this book to anyone who loves eggs and it came on time for her birthday!!

Eggs
Eggs by Michel Roux (Hardcover - 7 Oct. 2005)
Used & New from: £3.96