on 21 July 2007
I am a GP and also a Member of the Royal College of Physicians. I have an interest in Allergy and Immunology and was most impressed with this book. It is well written and easy to understand regardless of what background knowledge you may have. For Medical Practitioners this is a 'must have!' so that you can advice your patients not just what treatment works well but also how to live with allergies and associated problems. For allergy sufferers and parents of children with allergies I can highly recommend the contents of this book: it will give you a lot of understanding and also practical help how to combat allergies and relieve symptoms. A brilliant book!!
on 18 April 2002
This book gives explanations of what causes allergies, what the symptoms are and how to deal with allergies, including in an emergency situation (such as anaphylactic shock). There is also information on complementary medicine, and some receipes at the back for common intollerances / allergies. Very straight forward with very helpful and practical information.
on 16 April 2002
I am a qualified Reflexologist and have been very impressed with this book and often refer to it. It is easy to read and explains what an allergy is, why more people are becoming succeptible to allergies, how to diagnose them and what I think is most important - practical advice on how to deal with these reactions.
It also details medication that is often prescribed and explains why these work and possible side effects.
I believe this book would appeal to anyone interested in helping their bodies cope in this polluted world and no medical background is needed to follow the advice.
on 14 April 2010
I was sceptical about this book as there wasn't that much information available about it online and I was worried it wouldn't be relevant or informative enough.

Our 8 month old son seems to have a few allergies which are seriously affecting his sleep in particular and I wanted to read some basic information about allergies before seeing a private paediatric allergist.

This book is perfect for this! It gives basic information on almost all possible allergies and also gives amazing detail including up to date studies and medications. It includes brief descriptions of scientific studies from all over the world. It also arms you with a massive amount of extremely useful knowledge on symptoms as well as things you can do yourself to minimise exposure to allergens. Particularly useful is the section on dealing with mites and moulds in the home.

I couldn't recommend this book highly enough! I will be encouraging my parents to read it too as they know near to nothing to allergies but seem to be suffering from some.
on 24 October 2009
What a great book to read and own,if like myselfe you have unexplained symptons. Reading this book showed me how so many things can affect your body. I would reconmened this book to anyone, It is easy to read and most importantly to understand. I first borrowed one from our local libary, was so impressed and enlightened by it that I just had to buy it and keep it handy on my book shelf.
on 25 June 2010
The best book I've found for explaining the cause and reactions of allergies and intolerances. The book is well thought out and very helpful for someone like myself who suffers multiple allergies. Would recommend it to others.
on 7 July 2012
This book is brilliant! Clearly written, and not dumbed-down. Not too prescriptive when it comes to self-help: it tells you how to devise your own elimination diets. It covers a wide range of issues. I thoroughly recommend it as a starting point.
on 22 January 2015
Arrived on time, no issues. I am starting a course in MSc Drug Design and have an interest in clinical allergy, this book clearly explains the basics but also goes more in-depth for health care professionals. A good book and good price.
on 5 April 2013
Bible indeed. I keep going back to it for helpful advice. As both my daughters suffer with allergys and asthma it has taught me things the doctors have never even tried to explain and to take in to practice in my own home.
on 27 June 2016
Great book, good concise Info, .ot too scientific but solid sound info, i'm doing a nutrition course for allergies and this is the only book i could find to buy, and i'v used it loads