5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coverage and Good Accessability, 8 April 2010
This review is from: The Business Skills Handbook (Paperback)
I bought this book after struggling in group work as part of my degree, but this books has helped me redevelop my studying basics and presentation skills too. I can also see myself coming back to this book to improve skills that I never really had any formal training in too, which really helped me with my exam preparations and performance.

There are some concepts that I felt were too advanced for the text, such as de Bono's six thinking hats, but in these instances the text usually give you a solid grounding in the concept so you can explore it further in confidence. While the book may contain ideas you don't need, I feel that this comes part and parcel with any thorough textbook.

So, even though this book has been designed as thorough text to use throughout an undergraduate degree, it has great accessibility regardless. This means I can dip into any chapter I need and get the basics and caveats of the skills I need to use now. This approach really worked for me as I could jump straight into the chapters on group work, project management and leadership and not feel I was missing any fundamental points.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good pracxtical business skills overview with lots of advice., 24 Mar. 2015
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The Business Skills Handbook Paperback – 1 Nov 2009

This is a book about business and management skills. If you ever have to present information, process information or derive it for management then this book will help.

Content.
The book gives a complete overview of business skills and teaches the reader how to develop and use theirs. It is well written with plenty of advice and tips.
The book also looks at presenting and understanding statistics, dealing with people and generally developing your own business approach and skills. There is a lot of helpful and practical advice here.

Overall.
A sensible and comprehensive look at business skills and how to develop and apply them correctly. Well written and very useful for business students and practising managers in all business areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Business Skills Handbook (Paperback)
I was getting this book from the libary in college but other students also looking to get it out and becuase found myself going back to it alot I decided to buy it for myself and feel it will be a handy tool in my career.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Business Skills Handbook (Paperback)
good quality,good book,i like it。la la la l a la la la la la la
The book is easy to follow, supports the CIPD course, very helpful easy to reference a good buy worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars A good all-round book for developing study skills, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Business Skills Handbook (Paperback)
I found the book was very clear to read and understand and is quite useful as it explores the skills you need at uni to do well and as a base once in the practical world

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book easy to follow great support, 16 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Business Skills Handbook (Paperback)
An Excellent guidiance. Highly recommended for fresher students and young profs.

The Business Skills Handbook
The Business Skills Handbook by Roy Horn (Paperback - 1 Nov. 2009)