5.0 out of 5 stars a marvellous story book, 6 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Hardcover)
Terry Jones and Michael Foreman know how to write a fairy tale book. Marvellous stories and beautiful drawings. A must for the children's room

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Stories, 28 Nov 2013
we used to read these stories to our children and grandchildren, and they were always a favoutire. Now I have purchased this book in preparation to read to our Great Granddaughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back...., 4 Oct 2010
I had a copy of this book as a child and can vividly remember my Mum reading me the silly stories and showing me the beautiful illustrations. When I found I was expecting my first child, I began a search for it as I wanted my own children to enjoy Terry Jones' surreal sense of humour and Michael Foreman's haunting illustrations.

Unsurprisingly, Terry Jones' style is a real departure from the usual cliché fairy tale, with inventive and unusual characters such as 'Princess Fishy' and the 'Fly-by-night'. Although most of the stories have a moral at the centre it is neither preachy nor judgemental. I now read these stories to my new-born, who I'm sure will grow up to love them just as much as I did.

This hard back edition which combines Jones' Fairy Tales and Fantastic Stories is excellent value and worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars fairy tales - terry jones, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Hardcover)
a brilliant book that i had as a child..had great fun sharing these stories again with my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 3 Aug 2009
Mr. Roy T. Nolan (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed these stories, and so have the many, many classes of primary school children I have read them to over the last dozen or so years.
Many have messages about life that we could all learn from, and all are entertaining and can fill a whole lesson or be squeezed into 10-15 minute slots.
Beautiful illustrations too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern take, 31 Mar 2014
Bought it for my little boy as an alternative take on fairy tales for bedtime reading. Still has some of the darker undertones of classic fairytales/Grimms tales, but with a lighter and more whimsical touch so doesn't have quite the potential to give them bad dreams! Fun stories and very readable by 6-7 years upwards.

Fairy Tales and Fantastic Stories
Fairy Tales and Fantastic Stories by Terry Jones (Paperback - 11 Oct 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01