on 28 June 2005
My 3 year old borrowed this book from the library and we have had to buy our own copy. He loves dinosaurs and is a massive fan of the other Giles Andrae books Commotion in the ocean rumble in the jungle and farmyard hullaballoo. If you're used to Giles Andrae then you'll know what to expect loads of bright coloured funny pictures and a selection of silly poems this time about a selection of dinosaurs. if you haven't read Giles Andrae before with pre-schoolers then you should. My son laughs out loud at the funny rhymes and has quickly learnt to recite the poems himself because of the simple nature of the rhyming. The pictures are big bold and funny. I think this is a must for dinosaur lovers out there.
on 1 January 2008
My 11 month old son loves this book, and Farmyard Hullabaloo and Commotion on the Ocean. He seems to enjoy the rhymes and obviously loves the colourful, fun illustrations that are so mucha trademark of this series. This book has prompted many 'discussions' with my son about dinosaurs and I've spent many evenings checking things that have come out of our 'chats' on the internet. It certainly seems to be factually correct in most repects as well as having fun, silly rhymes that are easy to read and remember.
on 9 May 2010
My 2 year Grand daughter selected this book at the library and is thrilled to have her own copy.She loves the pictures and the rhymes and the different voices the reader can use for each Dinosaur.I have bought other books by the same authors since she loves this one so much.
on 26 March 2010
this is my 6 year old sons favourite book he reads it every night. he got it when he was 4 and liked it then but now he can read it himself he reads it over and over again! a really good rhyming book for little dinosaur lovers.
on 31 March 2010
My son is 2 half years old .. and he is very surprised for buying this book.. He reads it and keep flipping and looking at the pictures.. Well , this is a great book for dinosaur lovers..
Definitely must have!
on 14 March 2009
I borrowed this book from the library, and my 7 month old son loved it. We read it again and again.
As to be expected the rhymes from Giles Andeae are superb, and the illustrations are bold and amusing.
on 8 October 2010
what else can I say but my 3 year old girl loves this book and has had me read it to her many times. book is a good big size so we can both cuddle up on the couch and read it together.
on 24 March 2014
I spent months reading The Lion Who Wanted To Love by these authors and my LO loved it. I however was getting bored so thought let's try this. Well I wasn't disappointed. The colours and pictures are big, bright and bold and is just great to look at. The wee poems that go along with them are nice and easy to read and I find myself getting into a wee rhythm when reading it to my LO. Highly recommend it to anyone and I have bought a copy to give to a family members LO as well. I feel exactly the same way towards the other book we bought from them Commotion in the Ocean. Just what you want in a toddlers book.
on 13 September 2010
top quality childrens book wonderful and amusing rhymes excellent illustration
a book my little girl will have read to her over and over again
on 7 July 2009
Great. My nearly 3yr old grandaughter loved it. Phonic spelling of the dinosaurs names really helped the reader too.