5.0 out of 5 stars Firestar, best book I have ever read
Published on 9 Nov 2005 by books rock!

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying To Do Too Much
I did sort of enjoy reading this book. I can't say all of it made a great amount of sense and regardless of any other opinion I don't believe it has a satisfactory ending.

Published on 8 Oct 2006 by S. Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars Firestar, best book I have ever read, 9 Nov 2005
Firestar is the best book in the series it is interesting and intreging and kept me turning pages.I think this book would be worth reading if you like polar bears,squirrels and most importantly DRAGONS.If you have not read the other books in the series The Fire Within and Icefire you might get a bit confused and you won't enjoy the book as much as you could.I highly recomend this book, actually I recomend all three books!!!
hrrrrr!

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying To Do Too Much, 8 Oct 2006
S. Strong (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews

Icefire left us with a lot left to tell but at least the strands of that particular story were pretty much tied up. It appears that Chris D'Lacey changed his mind about exactly what story he wanted to tell about halfway through this book and instead decided to hash two (or more) together. As a result the stories (and the characters in them) never really got the attention (or completion) that they deserved.

If nothing else we are left with a lot of potential for the next book in the series. All he has to do is finish the stories he began in Firestar and that'll be a novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 16 Dec 2013
Lovely story. Enjoys reading it again and again. Good for a 10 plus year old, who is into that type of genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read for boys, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fire Star (Paperback)
My son loves this series and cannot wait to finish this one so he can get the next in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Nov 2013
Fantastic read..will defiantly read again. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys this type of book. Buy it now fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book from an exciting series, 16 Sep 2013
I bought this to reread the series over the summer. I had lost/misplaced my original copy, so I knew what I was getting. Rereading it was as exciting as it had been first time through. It is a cleverly crafted book bringing together the loose ends of the previous ones and getting ready for the grand finally to come.
Anyone who likes dragons should read the series. It is not just a children's' fairy story it is a powerful series. The books do need to be read in order to give full benefit to the tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire star, 21 Mar 2013
Lippychick (hertfordshire uk) - See all my reviews
Great read, kept me hooked can't wait to find out what happens next looking forward to where it takes me and what is next for Lucy

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Grandson, 2 Jan 2013
Grandson was delighted with his gift; expressing pleasure that it is in hard-back form. He is in the process of reading the series by this author. This is the next episode in the sequence. The book arrived promptly, safely packaged to Amazon's usual standard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad ending., 17 Jan 2006
I enjoyed chris d'lacey's first two books loads and thought they were amazing.Firestar was also amazing but for me the ending wasnt right as Lucy says it leaves you angry and confused also shocked and sad, it comes on you so quickly.
I think this series needs another book to explain more and to revive a certain person.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it soooo much!, 12 July 2009
This review is from: Fire Star (Paperback)
I brought this book on holiday and it was amazing to read it on the beach. I love the story and the little dragons. I recommend this to any dragon fan, but you must start at the beginning of the books: The Fire within, Ice Fire, Fire Star, The Fire Eternal there is another book that will come out soon!

Fire Star
Fire Star by Chris D'lacey (Paperback - 7 Sep 2006)
5.18