Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2013
Assumed this book was all about trains, but only one page is about trains, the rest is devoted to other modes of transport so very disappointing for my little train fan. They are good books,we have 2 others in the series "Emergency" and Dig, Dig, Digging" and this follows the same format but the title is very misleading, it should be called "Things that go".
on 6 February 2011
This books is unbelievable, finally finding a book to hold my son's attention at bedtime was amazing so much so I have since bought 'Emergency' and 'Dig Dig Digging' again which my son loves me to read. Bedtime is just not complete without them. We always get "again again". The story is simple and easy to read, with some repetition and some forms of transport not seen everyday (cable car's, hot air balloons) the illustrations are detailed but not complex and must be great for small people to look at. My son enjoys the first and last pages with the images of all the transport especially when I purposely tell him the wrong names and he gets giddy telling me that I'm wrong and saying all the right names for each of the images. We've had this book since he was 2 and we are still reading it and he is nearly 4 so it's been well worth the purchase. Definately going to look to buy 'Roar' and 'Snap' to add to his collection and increase his interst in books further. 10/10!
on 17 June 2011
I must have read this to my son a million times when he was a toddler. It has great vibrant pictures that you can talk about and a gentle rhythmic pattern about the different vehicles that seem very human! Either you or Child should be sleepy by the final page.
on 7 February 2009
We borrowed this book from the library so much we had to buy a copy! There are about ten different forms of transport featured, each with a two page illustration and great rhyme based on words that sound like the mode of transport. There is lots of detail in each picture that you can ask questions about, so my 3.5 year-old daughter enjoys reading it as much as my 20 month-old son. Overall good value and a joy to read.
on 8 July 2009
My two year old adores this book. It's got lovely bright illustrations and easy to remember repetitive text. He insists on reading it every night and now knows almost all the words off by heart. We've also read the digger book in the series and that is also very popular. Highly recommended!
on 19 August 2014
Love it!! Read it many, many,many times to my son who loves it too. Great rhyme and rhythm to it, great pictures and lots of different vehicles. Love all the Margaret Mayo and Alex Ayliffe books.
on 16 December 2011
Excellent book for a small boy who loves all things train, lorry, aeroplane related. Good quality and bright colours. Would recommend for anyone who like Dig, Dig, Digging too.
on 15 August 2014
My little boy likes this, but I just don't care for this book. I find it hard to read as I feel like the rhythm of the rhyme changes and I can never quite "get it".
on 11 April 2014
My 2 year-old loves this book, and all the others in the series that we have. It's a good vocabulary builder, fun to read and interactive when you make the noises together.
on 2 February 2014
My son often chooses this book for me to read to him. I thought it was just going to be about trains, but there is a different type of transport on each page.