on 4 February 2013
Great insight into what makes Jamie Oliver tick. Easy to read, light hearted yet sincere. Very interesting. A lovely jubbly read.
on 27 May 2013
A very badly written biography of an excepionally interesting life. It could not have had Jamie's approval. Is there a biography of Jamie that has been well research and has his approval?
on 29 May 2013
From helping in his Dad's kitchen to helping in everybody's kitchen, this book tells every step on the way. From a 'duffer' on school to an international 'megacook' who cooks for Prime Ministers, Presidents and Hollywood Royalty - Jamie retains his 'common' roots and cares about the tastebuds of the rest of us. This book outlines his strengths and his foibles. Read it from start to finish in one sitting - just like one of Jamie's meals!
on 24 September 2013
Really enjoyed seeing a behind the scenes look at the person, you don't normally get to see. I love some of his recipes they are so full of flavour. I am going to give one to my niece who is a new student. So that she has a good diet despite low income.
on 10 March 2013
I love Jamie Oliver and think his cooking methods and good work are truly inspirational. This book is great as it gives a perfect insight into how he went from being just another someone to the star he is today.
on 27 January 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed the read as it filled in all the gaps about someone I have followed since he was introduced so many years ago. Funny, real and interesting. Could hear him talking as I read ! Great.
on 5 April 2013
Lovely easy to read story of Jamie and how he came to such prominence in the cooking world. Whos silly idea is it to force you to put more words than you need.
on 9 February 2014
Brilliant, quick, easy, read. Interesting to me as I grew up around the Clavering/Rickling area and used to visit The Chequers Pub.
on 8 September 2013
Just didn't like it. It was poorly written, boring & contained nothing that we don't know already from magazines, newspapers or Jamie himself.
on 26 January 2013
Cant really comment on this book as it just appeard on my kindle,It would not be my choice of books to read.The mistake im sure was purely mine as the kindle is new to me and im still learning.