5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Fantastic for any Harry potter fan. Would recommend to any one that likes Harry potter. Fantastic is not even the word to describe this women
Published 20 months ago by Amy

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange read
Published 14 months ago by Aly

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange read, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
I am a massive HP fan and was really looking forward to reading this book. I have very mixed feelings now I have completed it. It all started very well and I enjoyed the first couple of chapters and felt as though I had an insight into Emma's early life. However as the book continues its very much written by an Author who seems to enjoy stressing that Emma is a better actor than Daniel or Rupert - she is more successful, more talented and has more to offer. Now if (like me) you believe that the success of the HP films was down to three wonderful young actors ( in equal part) then this direction becomes a little irritating. By the time I reached the last two chapters I was getting more and more annoyed and I am surprised I finished it. Now if you are a mad Emma Watson fan then you will really enjoy this book. If you are a Harry Potter fan then I'm not so sure. I don't think this book actually did Emma any favours and maybe in time we will get a true reflection of the real Emma Watson in the form of an autobiography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A good biography., 26 Dec 2011
M. Walton (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
Initially, I wanted give 4 out of 5 stars for this biography. The reason being is that most (but not all) of the book concerns Emma's life inside the Harry Potter bubble. I was worried this would be the theme to biography. I am a Harry Potter fan, both the books and films, but this time I didn't want to read things I've read many times before about her portrayal of Hermione Granger. As well, the initial chapter also contains many quotes Emma's said through TV shows, radio interviews, and newspapers & magazine articles. I hoped it wasn't a compilation quotes put together to make a book. And it wasn't...

It is a great read. I was a little dubious to start with, but David Nolan has worked wonders. It might not be the most penetrative biography, but Nolan's done his research well enough to go further than perceive Emma as that girl from the Potter films. Right from her birth in Paris, to her school years, and then, without doubt, her career that's not only acting, but modelling & fashion too, and then her university years. There were quite a few things I didn't know about Emma, until reading this biography. Being a Potter fan, of course, most of her life from teen to adult has been on set at Leavesden. So unavoidably, seeing as filming Harry Potter has taken up much time, to leave out any reference to that would chop the biography in half. But it's not all Potter-esque. When Nolan talks about other cast, he introduces them and provides a little background on them, so you needn't be a Potter fan to enjoy this book. There are several photos in the middle showing Emma during various phases of her career, although I thought there would have been a few more. Most biographies have two sets of photos, usually a third, and two thirds in, but they are great photos.

The further you get into the book, the better it becomes. I read it in three sittings, and enjoyed each bit. It must be difficult to write about some body that has a hectic work life, and being young too, I suppose it could prove difficult at times. The book, in my opinion, isn't prejudiced in any manner, and gives a decent look at the person we've all come to love, today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emma Watson - the Biography, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
Emma Watson (forever known as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films) is still so young, and yet she has found time in her very busy schedules to tell her life story to date. The biographer, David Nolan, has an easy read style of writing which allows the reader to think that Emma is sat opposite recounting her life story to date. I can hardly wait for the next episode if I'm still around.

4.0 out of 5 stars A brief biography of Emma Watson., 19 Dec 2012
A. J. Brine - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
Limited in information but informative in what there is, one for the fans of the Harry Potter series. For the price this is good value and will tell a few things you would not otherwise know.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 26 Oct 2014
I do not think that I would have written it better. I hope Emma's life and career goes from strength to strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
This is a great biography about Emma Watson because it is really interesting and gives a lot of quotes! I have learned about her personal life and life at school, on set and at home. I have got a much better sense of what she is like as a person and there are lots of fun details about every film she has been in so far, it is extremely enjoyable to read! It is great for Emma Watson fans! I highly recommend it to anyone though if they want to know more about her. If you get it then enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok read if you are a complete fan, 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
Sort of interesting book but written in a bit of a boring account way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 8 Dec 2011
D. Graham (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
Got this for my daughter but ended up reading it myself. Seems odd to write a biography of someone so young, until you see what she's managed to pack into the last 20 years. There's loads here I didn't know, nice pictures and there's a lot about her non-Potter work. The author seems to fancy himself as a bit of a film critic as well as a biographer. Great read and right up to date with Emma,s new films too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Emma Watson - the Biography (Paperback)
I am a huge fan and it is honestly such a surprise how much Emma has been through and what she has done in such a short amount of time! I honestly hope there will be another when she has accomplished much more which i'm sure she will do!

Emma Watson - the Biography
Emma Watson - the Biography by David Nolan (Paperback - 30 Nov 2011)