4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
Published 5 months ago by vicky smiles

I bought this book thinking I would get a lot of information about Homeopathy. It started very well, with an
Introduction of homeopathy, its history. But then...the following three chapters are about newborns, toddlers and
Published on 14 Mar 2010 by A. B. Atias

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
I have this book and have been using homeopathy for 15 years. I would totally recommend it to any parents that are new to homeopathy and its uses. Is simple and covers very basic things that can happen during childhood and into the teenage years. Its gives you a starting point and if you get to understand how it works its an easy step to move on to a more sophisticated book on homeopathy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy? This is the worst and saddest Parenting book I've ever read., 14 Mar 2010
A. B. Atias (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
teenagers. These chapters have been the saddest words I've read about children. I had severe difficulties in reading these, so much that I didn't even read the teenagers section.

The author has failed to understand that homeopathy cannot cure the relationship between a parent and a child! Her comments about children are so inadequate, portraying them explicitly in her book as "unreasonable, demanding, controlling, manipulative". Not to mention that she portrays parents as being "exasperated" all the time. I wonder why children today suffer so much from stress, anxieties and behavioural problems. Instead of leading parents to understand the CORE of the matter in order to understand and deal with our children (and that CORE is to nourish them, respect them as HUMAN BEINGS, hear what they have to say, love them unconditionaly) she just brushes off the surface with outrageous "self-help measures". Her parenting methods draw a perfect analogy to the use of antibiotics to cure illneses.

She also contradicts herself. Two quick examples: She mentions that in cultures where the norm is bedsharing, SIDS is non existant, that's true, and also it is a fact that children are happier, more confident, not afraid of sleeping nor the dark. In her "self-help measures" she suggest that "if your baby is a light sleeper or wakes
regularly at night, putting the cot in another room, like the kitchen, might help, because you might be disturbing her sleep". I beg your pardon Ms Allen, but aren't babies used to constant noise? What about all the noises they hear from the womb? Aren't babies "light sleepers" because they want to be near their mothers? It must be so frightening for a newborn to be sleeping separated from her mother and not hearing those sounds/noises that she is so familiar with. We wonder WHY, babies suffer from anxieties and stress at a young age with the nonsensical fear that we'll spoil them... how pointless, how sad, the more you push them away the more they want to be near you!! It's heartbreaking.

The other example is, if you as a parent chose the route of baby-led weaning, you'll be shocked about what the author has to say about toddlers and eating habits. She reckons that if your child decides that two bites are enough for her and you don't do anything about it, your toddler will get away with it and it'll be "victory for the child". I haven't laughed so hard in years to read such a shallow and stupid lack-of-confidence comment. But then in her "self-help measures" she mentions that toddlers should have regular small meals/snacks during the day. It is so obvious that the author hasn't done any proper research on this matter, where BLW is so popular now, it makes so much sense and BLW leads your child to very healthy eating habits, I even know that children know better than I do when they have had enought to eat. Is it difficult to trust children?

We might, as parents, see our children live, more or less, until they become 60 years-old. If you want to see the big picture, What are 3 years of nourishment out of 60 years? When are we going to understand that having children is pure delight and it is so unnecessary to be at war with them? Can you truly say, Ms Allen, looking at your sons eyes, that they are truly "unreasonable, demanding, controlling, manipulative"? Aren't we PARENTS? We've been children before, we should know better!

If this book would not contain these 3 chapters (and the aura of her parenting methods will not be spread across the book) I'll give it 5 stars. The First Aid section is incredibly useful, as well reading about Common Chilhood Ailments. If you happen to be a parent who believes in gentle discipline or you are an Attachment parent, you'll find this book disheartening, sad and outrageous. If you happen to practice Continuum Concept this book is definitely not for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best homeopathy guides for parents, 24 May 2007
Ms. F. Dilston "Fionadilston" (West Yorkshire til July 2011) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
As a practising homeopath I consider this is one of the best, if not the best, books to give patients with small children. It is clear and simple to understand, does not preach and really easy to use as well. This is the book all NCT and LLL and ABM libraries should have as well as every toddler group in the country. Straightforward and no messing like Tricia herself. A truly practical guide to homeopathy,you can just look up the disease/ailment/illness in the index and bob's your uncle . A fab book ...well done Trica

Fiona Dilston

2.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to get into, 10 Jun 2013
Sian "Sian" (Almunecar, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
I tried reading this book but it couldn't keep my attention and I have since given it away. All a bit boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find! A safe and effective alternative to potentially harmful conventional medicine for your little one., 30 Mar 2009
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
I bought this book to seek out a safe and effective alternative to conventional medicines and so far the results have been excellent.

My baby developed a sticky eye not long after birth for which Pulsatilla worked a treat. As my baby then began teething, Pulsatilla and Chamomilla worked beautifully. I have also used Belladonna myself for earache.

The remedies used for my baby helped her to settle very well and also helped with the niggles associated with teething.

I was against giving Calpol due to its link with asthma. These remedies have worked far better than conventional medicine has.

In the future this book will be my first point of reference to treat any complaints.

Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars good for traveling, 6 Aug 2004
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
We took this book on holiday with a homeopathy kit and it helped us with our children with different minor ailments through the holiday. Clearly written, with a good index. Case studies put it into a pratical context. I would recommend this for people who would like to know more about this subject and put it into practice on a daily basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book!!, 13 Dec 2009
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
I have a few homeopathic books, but this one is my favourite. I use it ALL the time. I purchased a Helios homepathic kit as well, and I treat my 3 children for every ailment that they get. This book is very clear, precise and a wonderful resource for those with a family. I refer to it constantly from sleeping problems to eating issues, to illnesses. I am a firm believer in homeopathy and it's fantastic healing properties. I don't really understand how they work I must admit, all I know is that they do. I have a 3 month old baby and have used homeopathy on him since the day he was born. If he get's colicy then I get out the book and check the symptoms and give him the right remedy. I have treated him for snuffles, for a full blown cold, all with fast, powerful results. I have treated my older children for infections, for fevers, for tummy upsets, for bruises, for shock. Situations where normally you'd fret and worry about whether you should take them to the doctors. I have simply taken out this book and my kit. It has been an absolute godsend. I have lost a bit of faith in GPs, and this book and my kit are the most valuable things on my shelf, since I can treat the whole family for so many problems. This book is the best that I have found thus far. Don't even hesitate in buying it, you wont be dissappointed. Don't forget to buy a kit as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A straightforward guide, 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
This is a basic and quick guide to homeopathy for kids from birth to teens. A lot of it is relevant to adults as well as we also suffer from many of the same ailments! This is especially useful for when you are looking for something in a hurry and don't have time to pore over a repertory and cross reference a materia medica book. Although this is its strength, it is also its weakness-the remedies given may not be exactly relevant to your child's illness so you might need to cross reference anyway. The author lists the most common remedies for particular ailments but not all of them, so in some instances you may need to look at other books.

Another reviewer wrote a long rant about how saddened she/he was by it-I think this is his/her own personal philosophy of childrearing getting in the way of his/her understanding the true meaning of the book! The book simply tries to give helpful advice on what to do in different situations, I don't feel that it is judgemental or negative.

On the whole I would recommend it to anyone with children; if we can stop overloading ourselves with antibiotics and steroids then we can make a difference to our health. This book helps us to take control again and heal our babies naturally and without side effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Must Have Book!!!, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
I converted to Homeopathy after the birth of my first child when I felt "conventional medicine" and care had let me down badly. I bought this book to help me deal with what seems a very complicated method of healthcare by myself at home for minor illnesses and first aid issues. I have to say it is my BIBLE. It is very well thumbed and referenced at every occasion for my children but also for us adults too. It gives detailed symptoms to look for but in a very easy to understand and read way. It also gives some very useful tips such as making your own natural cough medicine. I do not feel compelled to write reviews very often but cannot praise and recommend this book highly enough. Tricia Allen, Thank you so much!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 5 Feb 2010
C. Moore - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy (Paperback)
Really good book, easy to follow instuctions on remedy selection and no need to read cover to cover, you can just look up a particular complaint! A must have for parents. No need to have experience with homoepathy this book is all you need for every day complaints.

ARRAY(0xadf7dcf0)

Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy
Your Healthy Child with Homeopathy by Tricia Allen (Paperback - 10 Mar 2004)
8.99