5.0 out of 5 stars Reg's thoughts on page
If you have ever had a feeling that all we are told may not be the truth, and that something is occurring in the world other than whats in the news or the papers, then this is a book that you have to read.
Published on 8 Dec 2002 by Kirkus

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big a task
Published on 23 April 2008 by Exlancs

5.0 out of 5 stars Reg's thoughts on page, 8 Dec 2002
This review is from: Wild Things They Don't Tell Us (Hardcover)
Understand this from the start though, Reg babbles. He writes in a style without structure. All that has accumulated in his mind over the past 12 years is poured onto the pages of this book, in the same way that a child runs in and tries to tell you something it carnt wait to relay.
Dont let this put you off, its part of his charm. If you take the time to read between Reg's stream of thoughts, then they have the power to kick start your own thinking on the same subjects. I think this is what he wants. He trys to make us see that we all may hold a small part of a large jigsaw, and if we could only see the whole, then all would be seen for as it is.
I would love to meet Reg and to talk over a coffee, yet this book is the next best thing. He's isnt another UFO/Crop circle weirdo as the papers try to make him out, just a child who knows he's on to something, and carnt wait to tell you about it. He's just not sure what it is yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, for alien enthusiasts and casual readers alike, 30 Dec 2008
If you've ever been interested in aliens, crop-circles and even government conspracies, then this is a book for you. I came across it first several years ago and read it out of mild curiousity. Recently I have come back to it for a second time, and it was just as interesting as the first.

Reg Presley certainly has some compelling arguments for the existence of aliens, and for the hand they may or may not have played in our own evolution. And what's more, you can tell from his writing that he truly believes it. However, that said this book is nothing like as structured as it could be; there are too many haphazard ideas thrown in, or examples mentioned as they are thought of, rather than in a logical order. While it was a good read, it left me a little disappointed and expecting some more conclusive answers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big a task, 23 April 2008
I thought the book started off very well - I couldn't put the book down whilst Reg was sharing his experiences and views on crop circles and alien visitations. I think it would have been better had Reg stuck to that area. Unfortunately he decides to tackle a whole range of subjects, some interesting, others less so, among them the Holy Grail, the reputed marriage of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene and their bloodline in Europe, alchemy, superconductivity and cover-ups in the medical world. And there are a few instances when he gets his facts wrong, for example he talks about the wedding feast in Canaan (actually, it should be Cana; Cana and Canaan are not the same thing); he talks about the book of Revelations - it should be Revelation. And he also refers to Kaposi's sarcoma as carposius sarcoma. Not massive errors in themselves, but it made me wonder about the rest of his research. It will delight conspiracy theorists, and it is useful as a springboard to other topics he broaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 4 July 2011
Joy Andis "Angel Joy" (Ware, UK and Sedona AZ) - See all my reviews
I wasn't prepared for how much material was covered in this book. It was a pleasant suprise as I do not generally like 'light reading'. Having said that, this book was on my 'to read' list for a long time, and prefably on summer holiday when I wasn't teaching. This was the summer. Just finished the last page one second ago. If you get to this book, and I recommend that you do, be prepared to get angry, very angry. Then when you get past that and continue reading, you will find that there is one thing that we will always have, and that is....Hope!
The anger I mention is because documented here, is proof that many times before now and even now, people are ever discovering things like, free energy;anti gravity; a process that was once defined as alchemy to transform precious metals in to elixirs using a method that...can...cure....cancer, AND arrest the growth of HIV in infected people??
Read the book! It is all here, some of this stuff is over my head because I am not too well read on chemestry and its heirs, but many who are will understand the research here, suppressed in many 'maiinstram' medical and scientific journals, and thus perhaps being revealed for the 1st time in Reg's book!

There is more here than some dodgy folks with nothing better to do than go searching the British countryside for the latest crop circle. There is a very detailed and logical approach to how Reg came to be interested in this phenomena, and the reports of very credible people from all over the world cannot simply be dismissed as fanciful imaginings.
The "Wild Thing" that will be beyond the belief of anyone interested in the whole truth, is that this book has not been more widly distributed. As part owner in several 'New Age" and Metaphysical shops in the Pacific NW, I for one would have had this book in stock, and prominantly displayed.

Reg Presley had no 'ulterior motive' to write this book, in any attempt to cash in on his fame with the Legendary Troggs. The catchy title taken from their 1st hit, may have been intentional to show who was the author, but once it is seen how much care, depth, and research has been done in the production, it is far from a lighthearted matter.
I hope that many more people will open their eyes and minds and have the emotional strength to 'think outside the box'. We need ...us....
To quote Reg in the ending of this :
"We cannot carry on in the barbaric ways we have been. It has to end before Mother Nature plays her hand, to save herself from the destruction that we have created. Mother Earth will always be here, humans are transient. She can always find a way that does not include us. If you don't believe this, just ask a dinosaur.

This is not
THE END
This is
THE BEGINNING."

That about says it all for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't anyone tell me about this book sooner?, 24 Nov 2010
Richard (Caringbah, Australia) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for a quest, then this book at an excellent place to start. One thing, why didn't anyone tell me about this book sooner?

The form of this book is of a person (Reg Presley AKA: the Wild Think Guy) who for reasons or another has opened his eyes to see that the world is not the place that he had been lead to believe...

I have from a very young age lived by the phrase/motto, Nullis in verba which means Don't believe what you here (...words to that effect) or in this case see/read. I adapted the motto to demi-nullis in video meaning believe only half of what you see/read.

Because of this I felt compelled to read more into the areas covered in this book. I have now; after what can only be described as a lengthy armchair quest, adequately confirmed most if not all of the main subject areas within Reg Presley's book, by reading more books on the individual subject areas.

In order to confirm all of the subject areas within this book, I also had to engineer a very rudimentary (crude) carbon arc which I made with some old batteries, a power cell from my garden strimmer, some copper wire, crocodile clips from a car battery, four standard house bricks, some old jewellery, digital scales from the kitchen and some Aerogel (got this stuff from united nuclear, not as heat resistant as NASA thinks it is). This experiment went very well; every bright too, if I was to do it again I would buy a welding mask. The results from this experiment did confirm the subject area at hand.

I even went as far as to learn how to translate Sumerian texts in order to personally confirm some of the confirming literature. This might seem a bit over the top to most people; but for me it is normal as I have a condition HFAS. Although my social cues may be off by a mile, my ability to form information constructs with propositional calculus and other such methods is on the money (AKA: 180!, 147 break, a hole in one, the royal flush, Gooooooooooooal!), for me doing this is like doing a 10 piece jigsaw. - but much more fun.

I would have given Reg 6 out of 5 for this work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Things - They Certainly Are!, 17 Aug 2004
This review is from: Wild Things They Don't Tell Us (Hardcover)
Not being one to have read many factual books, or having thought much about anything contained within Reg's book, it was only meeting Reg that made me buy a copy. His book is written in the same style that he would talk to you, very enthusiastic and very interesting! It has certainly opened my eyes to new ideas and avenues to think about, and found it so captivating I read the whole book in a day - an unusual occurance for me!
I strongly advise anyone with even the slightest open mind to read his book. It's certainly changed the way I look at a few things I can tell you! It has made me start reseaching his ideas myself in an effort to get a better understanding of what Reg talks about!
The book is not full of answers to questions you may have, but seems to be designed to put that seed of interest within you, to enable a different way of thinking. If Reg has got it right, then the human race is certainly in for some changes in the very near future!
Thanks for the eye opener Reg!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wild Things They Don't Tell us, 13 Nov 2002
This review is from: Wild Things They Don't Tell Us (Hardcover)
Another piece of the puzzle. Thanks Reg. More enlightenment on a subject the whole world should be discussing. For a long time Reg Presley has studied, debated and documented crop circles and he should be applauded for his honesty and hard work. Alot of things to ponder in this easily digested book that you won't want to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!, 2 April 2004
I loved this book. Reg covers many topics in his book without spending too long on one particular topic.
If you would like to have a few questions answered then I would recommend that you buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP Reg!, 26 Feb 2014
Damn good read! He asks the questions many of us privately think, but choose not to ask...makes you think! Which is how it should be!

5.0 out of 5 stars factual & very well researched, 26 Sep 2013
Having seen TheTroggs numerous times over the years,it was always interesting how pasionate Reg Presley was in bringing to peoples attention,the phenomona of crop circles etc outside of his day job as lead vocalist with the Troggs. The book is very well researched with lots of thought provoking attention to detail. Also ,there are contributions from other interested & profesional people with further links to the subject of ufo,s .Anyone interested or not in these subjects should read it.Perhaps the governments around the world have read it !

ARRAY(0xb5cecfc0)

Wild Things They Don't Tell Us
Wild Things They Don't Tell Us by Reg Presley (Hardcover - 7 Oct 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01