4.0 out of 5 stars As it says on the tin!
A good selection from today's setters in that broadsheet.

Published on 2 Jan. 2009 by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm may be biased
This is a mixed bag of variable quality. Rarely do the other compilers come up to the quality of Araucaria.
Published 22 months ago by K. H. Tonge

4.0 out of 5 stars As it says on the tin!, 2 Jan. 2009
Adam "Say something about yourself!" (Dunton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Guardian Book of Cryptic Crosswords: v.1: Vol 1 (Paperback)
A good selection from today's setters in that broadsheet.

I miss the short, witty introduction that was a feature of the last series of Guardian crosswords. Previous writers of this included John Perkins (Editor)and John Graham (Araucaria). I don't know why this has been dropped, or even why it feels such a loss. I think it's because it gave a feeling of care and regard for the solvers that lifted it above the 'puzzle book.'

None of John Graham's jigsaw puzzles here either.

But, the standard of the puzzles is high, and a larger font and type from the last series is another plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guardian crossword Puzzles, 21 Jan. 2012
An excellent purchase for some like me who travels about. I don't always have access to newspapers but I always like to do a cryptic crossword every night. This one is small and the print is clear. I recommend this to any addict!

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm may be biased, 4 Jun. 2013
K. H. Tonge "Ken Tonge" (Scotland) - See all my reviews

The Guardian Book of Cryptic Crosswords: v.1: Vol 1
The Guardian Book of Cryptic Crosswords: v.1: Vol 1 by Hugh Stephenson (Paperback - 13 Nov. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01