5.0 out of 5 stars Dont just buy the lonely planet...buy this as well/instread!, 2 April 2006
Mr. M. J. Small (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia - Edition 2 (Paperback)
Really liked this book. Used it for a trip to Cambodia going to PP, Angkor/Siem Reap and Sihanoukville. Was useful at all times. I also had the LP and thought this book gave much richer descriptions. I would have been very happy to have had just this book, though having both (they're not very big, 30% of the size of LP Thailand for example) was perfect and lead to us being able to make the right decisions all the way through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and in depth., 17 May 2008
C. Frost "Charlie Frost" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Cambodia - Edition 2 (Paperback)
I have just returned from Cambodia, and was frustrated that there is a new edition of due out but I couldn't wait that long! To say this is about 3 years old though, I found all the info was up to date, including visas and money. The info on food and culture made an interesting read before our vistit.

We travelled to Siem Reap (I can't comment on hotels or restaurants as the ones we visited weren't featured in the book) and Angkor Wat, and my only negative comment would be one which applies to all Rough Guides. When visting a complex of lots of temples of ruins such as Angkor, I personally find that the layout makes it hard to work out which are the major sites. The book covers what seemed like hundreds of temples, and if we had not had a guide I would have been confused as to which were most wothy of visiting. I guess it does this to be impartial, but unless you are an archaeologist or historian, most people wouldn't have the stamina to visit every site, so would need a bit more guidance.

Other than this minor point, I have to say it was great for my needs, and not too bulky to take away with you. Highly recommended!

The Rough Guide to Cambodia - Edition 2
The Rough Guide to Cambodia - Edition 2 by Steven Martin (Paperback - 29 Sept. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01