on 20 January 2010
This CD contains nine categories; first words, food, colours, phrases, body, numbers, time, shopping, countries. The playback is clear and it's useful for learning pronounciation and tones through listening. There are some slightly tedious games to play but these are useful too.

There are some words thrown in that could use more explanation. For example, under "thankyou" they give only "doze" which means thankyou (for a gift) and they have left out "Mm goi" - thankyou (for a service).

Overall I would say that this is good for beginners who are planning a holiday but I am learning Cantonese because my boyfriend and his family are Chinese. The categories given are not very helpful to me when it comes to conversing in a family situation.