4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time
Published 8 months ago by adam nixon

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 13 Oct 2006
M. Friend "music lover" (Peterborough CAMBS England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talk Now Learn Polish: Essential Words and Phrases for Absolute Beginners (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
Not bad. Within about 12 sessions I have learnt a lot of basic Polish. I feel that I can understand a lot more than I can speak as I do not have a microphone to record myself, am now purchasing one so i can improve my accent. Got really addicted and the repitition really helped me to learn. Have now just ordered the next stage World Talk polish. Very happy with progress so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 9 Aug 2013
I bought this thinking I would get a basic understanding of polish. But the opening first words are "house, milk, where's my suitcase? Credit Card" It does not provide adequate learning for structural sentence openings, first words are learnt within a couple of hours and there isn't enough first words to do. To learn numbers it only goes up to 19, I went onto busuu.com to learn and the basics are far superior than this waste of space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem to work..., 26 July 2012
Thanks to this Learn Polish product I am able to better understand more words and very happy with its friendly and easy teaching style. I have it on my ipod and listen whenever I can, so clearly I am happy with it and looking forward to getting the next level up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn polish, 11 Jan 2010
Mr. D. K. Jones "Mark" (Carmarthen, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Great program, will work with vista and windows 7 if you right click on the Desktop Icon and click on compatibilty and choose Windows XP service pack 3.

Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Success, 15 July 2013
T. Osborne "T" (UK) - See all my reviews
We're working around Europe doing 1 city from a different country each year and I always buy these discs from eurotalk as an excellent means of learning enough of the basics to get by, so I have quite a library building up. If you're looking for full conversational skills then this isn't going to hit the spot, but if you're wanting enough words to communicate well enough to be understood and to understand while you're on holiday then this is absolutely perfect. Having used solely this disc, I learnt more than enough to make our trip to Krakow run more than a little smoothly. The disc is easy to use, keeps track of your progress and also uses images to aid in the learning process instead of just the words.

PS - 1 word they don't teach you sounds like "evacka" and yes, if you hear it being yelled repeatedly over a tannoy then it does mean "evacuate" (in our case because the museum had caught on fire [minor, fortunately], not because we had entered the 2nd World War zone of an interactive museum where we assumed it was part of the experience and proceeded to continue to look at exhibits because they don't repeat the warning in any languages other than Polish...until we saw the staff rushing for the exit and I linked evacka as sounding like evacuate...)

5.0 out of 5 stars LEARN POLISH, 5 Feb 2013
GOOD PRODUCT. EASY TO FOLLOW. LAID OUT WELL. VERY EDUCATIONAL. WOULD BUY IT AGAIN. DOES STRETCH YOU IN SOME OF THE SECTIONS.

ARRAY(0xa3440930)

Talk Now Learn Polish: Essential Words and Phrases for Absolute Beginners (PC/Mac) by EuroTalk Limited (Mac OS X Intel, Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
21.00