5.0 out of 5 stars How it should be taught....
I have loads of crochet books, but have never found them very helpful or well written. I have advanced my crochet work via YouTube videos, guess work and 'free-styling'.

Published on 21 Mar. 2012 by Curls

3.0 out of 5 stars the illustrations are great. However
I was looking forward to this book to add to my collection. the illustrations are great. However, the majority of the text is so faint that it I found it too difficult to read, so I returned the book. I hope that this was a rogue copy; if not, the publishers must print this in a readable font.
Published 6 months ago by William Stewart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How it should be taught...., 21 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)

I am delighted to report that this book is by far the best and ONLY one you will need whether starting out or improving your existing skills. Thank goodness for Jane Crowfoot who has a really accessible communication style. There are clear and interesting write ups, diagrams, explanation of diagrams and photos.

Best of all, she recognizes the ongoing confusion caused by differing US and UK stitch names throughout the book. Hooray!

I made the mistake of buying just about every other crochet book BEFORE I found this one.... please save yourself the bother (and save some trees in the process!) and just get this one! You really won't need any of the others.

I've just ordered the Ultimate Quilting Bible from the same series in the hope that it will be as wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars zizzel, 26 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
I borrowed this book from the library and was so impressed I ordered it straight away. The instructions, drawings etc are clear and easy to understand. I also have The Ultimate Kniiters Bible and can recommend this as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent, 21 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
This book has the basic information for a complete beginner and more advanced techniques and projects. The illustrations are well selected and each step of the instructions is clearly described and explained. I have progressed quite rapidly in a short time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
I was given the Ultimate Knitting Bible for christmas so, when I wanted to revise my crocheting, (which I last did over 30 years ago), this was the obvious choice. Good clear instructions and diagrams which are easy to follow. Easy to reference and look up anything you need to check. This has helped me to go from crocheting blankets for my dolls to following patterns for crocheting jackets and cardigans.

It is one of the more expensive books but, you do get what you pay for.

I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A comphrehensive and clear guide for all levels, 1 Feb. 2011
Mrs K (Amersham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
This book really is a worthwhile purchase, and covers a whole range of crochet techniques. It is illustrated with beautifully shot photographs and large coloured line drawings which really help the reader to follow the instructions, and is written in a clear informative way. What I found particularly useful was that it is referenced throughout with both U.S. and English terms. I bought this book to help me with Jane's Crochet Club project and like many others am finding it is the book I turn to when I need something clarified as it is so comphrensive. An excellent buy for not just the beginner, but for the more experienced crocheter who wants to develop their skills. I thoroughly rate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB Crochet bible, 30 Dec. 2011
Lisa Wyatt (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
This is a great book, I borrowed it from the library and then had it as a Christmas Present. It has clear and easy to understand instructions, a few not many but lovely patterns, it is more an instruction manual than a pattern book. It has both English and American terms which is really useful. I don't think I could be without this book now as it is one I always refer to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Crochet Bible, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
A very informative book for anyone taking up crochet for the first time or an experienced crocheter. Just what I would expect from the author who is a really good teacher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Description, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
Comprehensive. Large and heavy. Needs propping up whilst you work with it. It has everything I am likely to need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate crochet Bible, 31 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
Well, I have just started crochet again and this book has helped no end, I use it in connection with my crochet course, if you like crochet you would like this book, everyone who like or loves crochet should find this book useful. It is clear,easy to use and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars every crocheter should have it, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) (Hardcover)
I really really really love this book...If I found out about it 2 years ago probably I wouldn't buy so many books...very detailed,in both terminologies,clear photos and excellent written...I recommend it!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts)
Ultimate Crochet Bible (C&B Crafts) by Jane Crowfoot (Hardcover - 4 Oct. 2010)