5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous book
I love this book and for those who have never followed a pattern it is clear and easy to follow the instructions. For the more adventurous it is also easy to adapt these designs and make them your own. It even has a spiral bound spine which means it lays flat preventing that annoying closure of the book whilst your knitting!

thoroughly recommended.
Published on 1 Sep 2006 by ZoŽ LB

2.0 out of 5 stars Little variety
Published on 8 May 2006 by librarygirl

2.0 out of 5 stars Little variety, 8 May 2006
As a newer knitter, I wanted some simple projects to work on that would teach me some new skills, allow me to gain further knowledge, and produce something that was more than just a scarf. This book looked intriguing so I got it and chose a project based mostly on the yarn that I had available. Now that I completed that project, I've gone through and tried to find a next project, but I'm at loss.

Pretty much every project in this book is the same thing with very little variation. For example, what is essentially the same bag, but knitted in different dimensions or two pieces of two other bags put together so you have a seed stitch front and plain back.

I think you'd be better off browsing this book in a store or library and seeing if it's worth buying before buying it blind like I did. Or better yet, just search for bag patterns online and get a far wider variety of both free and inexpensive patterns.

I give this book two stars for it's layout (I really like the spiral binding), multiple pictures of the projects, and clear instructions, but I didn't learn anything and haven't really felt inspired to do any more of the patterns in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous book, 1 Sep 2006

thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Emma King - 25 Bags to Knit, 29 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This is a beautifully produced book, well worth buying if like me you want a book using wool which is easily available in the UK shops(Rowan). The bags to knit seem well within the ability range of most knitters, practical yet very attractive.
My only gripe is that although the cover is produced for the English market with English spellings, the rest of the books has US spellings and terminology (eg color rather than colour, gauge rather than tension). This could have been easily avoided with better proof-reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars fabulous bags to knit as gifts, 26 Jan 2010
Small Wonder (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 25 Bags to Knit: Beautiful Bags in Stylish Colours (Paperback)
Fantastic book! First of all I thought I had made a mistake by purchasing the American version of the book. However, the author ensures that both terms are used throughout, so us Brits don't get confused!

Truely inspirational! The author even takes time out to teach some basic design techniques in GREAT detail, which I have failed to master with other books (including several beginner's guides), i.e. intarsia (adding coloured areas).

Highly recommended, easy to follow patterns to make funky and modern bags, and this is coming from a fairly new knitter... now the only question is, which bag to knit first?

PS The paperback version is published in the UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book!, 23 Feb 2006
I love this book, and am always buying more wool, as I want to make loads from it! The only thing that stops it from being a 5* book, is the lack of lining options, as several of the bags I have had to make linings for, as they would have stretched otherwise There are loads of super patterns though, that all use smallish quantities of wool, so all those odments can come in useful! It does use Rowan wool, but I have rarely used the specified wool, as the size doesn't matter so much like a sweater! Hope this review helps you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Fair descriptionn of this second hand book. I am now busy knitting one of the bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect transaction, 30 April 2014
All went as well as it could go with this order. No delay, item arrived in condition as described and I have no reason for complaint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring book, 1 July 2013
A. Steele "A Steele" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to follow patterns with good instructions even for a beginner. Bags make great presents and book is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great patterns, 17 Jun 2013
more to knit for my craft stall. Emma's patterns are always clear and concise. Friends are always borrowing book for her patterns

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bokk, 20 May 2013
This is a lovely and unique book. So many of my friends were very impressed with the items I've made so far.

25 Bags to Knit: Beautiful Bags in Stylish Colours
25 Bags to Knit: Beautiful Bags in Stylish Colours by Emma King (Paperback - 1 July 2009)
Used & New from: £6.33