5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book!
Published on 20 Sep 2009 by Nightowl

3.0 out of 5 stars another cook book
given as a present but was disappointed with content too many left over receipes for my liking not what i expected
Published 20 months ago by julie m price

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book!, 20 Sep 2009
Nightowl (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
I browsed through this at a local book store and came home and ordered it from Amazon at a fraction of the cost. Great recipes, as you would expect from Good Housekeeping with novel twists on old favourites. Today we treated ourselves to pork chops with apple and ginger - very simple but the ginger and apple was a great combination with the pork and lifted out of the ordinary. Lots of excellent ideas and very economical ones too. We are already working our way through the book. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My most used cook book and only a week old, 25 July 2009
Mr. G. T. Redshaw "wolfblass" (Borehamwood) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
This is a very user friendly cook book. Good Housekeeping always have receipes that work and you can see the finish product.
I did 4 receipes in a week rather than letting the book gather dust on the shelve with the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic,I want to make 99% of them,wish I had bought it ages ago.The recipes are quick and easy and delicious.There are'nt any fancy ingredients that you can't buy.I highly recomend this book and have given it five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow budget recipes, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
This is my most trusty cook book. Move over celebrity chefs, what we need in this economic climate is no nonsense recipes that contain ingredients that most of us already have in the kitchen.

I have tried all the recipes with great success and most of them are easy enough to cook with children too.

I have bought this as gifts too. Well recommended and tasty too.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great!, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
I have this book, and I have also bought it for a friend. There are many cook books with recipies in which I think are too complicated or have unusal ingredients. I like this book because there are quite a few recipies that I liked, and when cooking them I found them to be tasty too. I think that the meals cost a bit more than a fiver because food prices have gone up, but it is still reasonably cheap. I would definately recommend buying this book, it saves a lot of hassle when you are trying to think of what to cook for tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family meals for a fiver, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
This an excellent book at a very good price. I already have this book, and bought this copy as a gift for a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good book, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
I found that this book was so good really easy to read really helpful for everything I needed would recommend this book for first time user thanks x

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
Product arrived in excellent condition - an absolute bargain! Would definitely use this seller again. Slightly disappointed with the content of the book although I have tried a few of the recipes and they were fab. I feel too much space was taken up at the beginning of the book with unnecessary babble, but that's a personal opinion. Overall, fantastic value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Meals for a Fiver!, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
good cook book , some great recipes some not to my taste but overall a very good book . A good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, 4 Mar 2013
E. Spence "Elspeth" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) (Hardcover)
Thought I would get a basic book to try some new food, actually fairly diverse in the choice of menus though some of the things it suggests for the store cupboard are really not my thing!

Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping)
Family Meals for a Fiver! (Good Housekeeping) by Good Housekeeping (Hardcover - 1 July 2009)
14.99