on 21 January 2011
Even though I love to do patchwork and quilting I don't have many books on the subject. In the past I'd say this is largely because when I flick through potential books they have been visually uninspiring. I had heard good things about this book from other quilters so thought I'd get myself a copy. The thing I like best about this book is the beautiful, inspiring pictures. It's a visual feast of colour - not just the quilts but the colour inspiration behind them too. In fact the patterns are all quite simple layouts (doesn't mean they won't sometimes be time consuming to make) however, the use of colour is what really makes the quilts featured stunning.

This book would make a lovely present for any quilter (although make sure they don't have a copy already!) or anyone interested in beautiful fabrics and/or quilts. It's the sort of book you could sit and read - almost like a novel, without ever sewing a quilt. I like the way the author approaches each quilt by telling us how she got the inspiration, how she made it, how she over came any difficulties and useful advice for making the quilt yourself.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 June 2010
A quality feel to this book full of glorious quilt designs. It comes out tops for design, colour and is an absolute must for the beginner with its simple way of quilting. What I like most about this book, is it gives the basic design ideas - a small storyboard of how the designer approached the design. Something you can expand upon or come up with your own themes and unique designs. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This book first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 6 December 2011
It is a very nice book with lots of ideas for quilting.
I would have liked more information on finishing instead of being refered to another web site.
on 19 May 2013
This book is interesting but it did not have the information that I was expecting. Needed something to show how to do various techniques.
on 23 March 2016
Lovely book, simple designs whith inspiring colour combinations. Quick delivery,well packed for postage.
on 22 October 2010
this is a very beautiful book lovely to read and look at the pictures, however the quilts are very basic this is fine as it is more about the use of fabric but is not really about design
on 19 November 2015
I love this beautiful book. Just looking at the pictures is inspiring.
on 21 September 2014
the only quilting book you would need
on 22 October 2014
Fabulous book arrived very quickly.
on 24 May 2010
Bought this as a birthday present for a friend and they love it - ideal for those who want start quilt-making.