5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Inspirational
I absolutely adore this book. As a new but very keen quilter I have been paralysed with fear and doubt over my abilities and my lack of technical knowledge and sewing skills etc. This has held me back from creating quilts as I would like to, and I have been slavishly attempting to copy the complicated hand techniques that I have been told are the 'proper' way to quilt,...
Published on 5 May 2010 by BookSnob

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
This book is interesting but it did not have the information that I was expecting. Needed something to show how to do various techniques.
Published 20 months ago by PHS

5.0 out of 5 stars did not disappoint, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
After following Jane Brocket's blog for over a year after first purchasing the American edition of The Gentle Art of Domesticity, I was ready to plunge into another book. Ms. Brocket is talented as a writer, a quilt designer, photographer, and travel documenter. I respond to her sense of color, color combinations in her sewing, and in her unique mix of fabric print styles as her modern quilts come together before the eyes. As a quilter and designer of small size baby quilts, I am inspired and energized by her vision.

5.0 out of 5 stars A trully inspirational book, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book, full of pretty pictures and inspiration. It also covers the technical aspects of the art of quilt making. I really like how this book shows that simple designs with the right fabrics can produce stunning quilts. This book is a great addition to any quilter's book collection, but especially for beginner quilters looking for simple designs and encouragement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bed time reading, 2 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
The aim of the book is to provide inspiration and that it does, beautifully. The author has a real eye for colour and a well developed sense of style. I am not sure I would make any of the quilts quite as busy and full-on as the pictures but I have found it a real inspiration and I have made two quilts using ideas from the book as starting points. Definitely not a how-to book and doesn't proport to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilt-making, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
I use the photography as my inspiration to make quilts. There are few instructions as the reader is given an insight into what is appealing to the authoress. This may put some people off but I love the items she has made and this becomes my inspiration rather than a need to have full explanations of each quilt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book !, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
I would say buy this book, you will not be disappointed. I had a very experienced Australian quilting teacher and grew to love quilting. As my husbands job took us over the world I am sorry to say, the last time we moved, my quilting took a back seat for some years now This year, however, I intend to get back to it and with Jane's book that I love so much. I am so excited to make for family and friends again. Had this book for a couple of years now but when I dip into it and see the beautiful quilts and with Jane's advice, I feel I have a lovely friend with me and can't help but get inspired. Jane is so generous sharing her expertise and feel she has not left anything to wonder about that would hold anyone back. I needed this book to start me off again. Thank you Jane !

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 26 Dec. 2013
S. Cooke "'Sue'" (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
Love this book, have three projects I must do immediately! Great fabrics and beautiful quilts, the book somehow takes some of the scariness away for a Newby like me, and gives me encouragement to get going. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, 8 Mar. 2013
Sonya Federman (Jerusalem Israel) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
This book is great. It encourages and inspires anyone who wishes to quilt or has attempted quilting and given up because of all the strictures about accuracy. I love this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing quilt book, 7 July 2011
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
I purchased this book after borrowing a copy from the library. It is inspiring and also a relaxing read for a summer day in the garden!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making (Hardcover)
This book is beautiful on the outside and very informative about quilt making on the inside:-) I love this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 19 May 2013

The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making
The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making by Jane Brocket (Hardcover - 15 Mar. 2010)
Used & New from: £9.94