5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted
Published on 17 Oct 2010 by Mrs. E. A. Burton

1.0 out of 5 stars How diappointing!
Published on 23 Sep 2010 by Ms. E. A. Hollis

1.0 out of 5 stars How diappointing!, 23 Sep 2010
This review is from: GH Easy to Make! Family Meals in Minutes (Paperback)
Don't write reviews often but felt driven to put down in words just how disappointed I was when this book arrived. I lead a busy life with two children and wanted some recipes I could cook for all of us after work. I couldn't find anything that we would enjoy eating in this book - the recipes are horrible. The pictures are horrible too, not enticing at all.Lots of pages on store cupboard and trimming joints of meat (er midweek - I don't think so). For example recipes are 'spiced egg' pilau - rice with a hard boiled egg on top (yuk!); cheesy tuna melt (toast with tin of tuna and cheese melted on the top (hmmm). Calf's livers with fried sage (I don't think so!). CAnd so it goes on. Couldn't find a single thing I wanted to cook. Also most of the recipes are highly calorie-laden and unhealth - lots of cream, cheese, etc. (creamy parma ham tagliatelle, quick carbonara, puff pastry steak and onion puff pie.) Just don't bother buying this - it's not worth the paper it's printed on and I am no further forward with quick family recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: GH Easy to Make! Family Meals in Minutes (Paperback)
I bought this for my son who was going to University. I'd trawlled the bookshops looking for the right book but without success. All the student cookery books were full of pizza, pasta, burgers and some quite obscure ingredients. My son is a very healthy and big eater as he's 6'3" and quite sporty. I needed a book which would not only inspire him but make it easy with wholesome filling meals and all within his budget. This book has done exactly that. At just 18 he cooks steak n onion pie, apple crumble, some honey chicken dish, meatballs, cottage pie etc and all from scratch. On top of this he's well inside his weekly budget having actually managed to save over £60 in the last 2 weeks and all that was needed was this brilliant book and a little menu planning on his behalf. Highly recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: GH Easy to Make! Family Meals in Minutes (Paperback)
the recipes are rubbish! Boring and not appetizing at all. Such a shame as I was expecting a lot from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Easy, 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: GH Easy to Make! Family Meals in Minutes (Paperback)
Simple recipes that can either be created as you go or made in advance for later when you're ina n even bigger rush. I even bought one for my brother-in-law to use it's that simple!

GH Easy to Make! Family Meals in Minutes
GH Easy to Make! Family Meals in Minutes by Good Housekeeping Institute Kitchens (Paperback - 19 Jan 2009)