5.0 out of 5 stars super food
If you are serious about low GI cooking, this is the book for you. As all books from Good Housekeeping it is a no nonsense guide to where you want to be. The food is easy to prepare, tastes great and is indeed the low GI as promised.Even if you are not a kitchen wonder is is not hard to follow the ideas. No need to buy a more expensive book, this will do it.
Published on 25 Nov. 2009 by Mrs.B

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING GI DIET
I have just started the GI Diet last Monday & so far am enjoying it & not suffering from starvation & even though I'm not a week into it yet I have lost over 2lbs-I bought Rick Gallops books which I would highly recommend.

Published on 11 Feb. 2011 by JLS Mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars super food, 25 Nov. 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, healthy, cooking!, 8 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
Great little recipe book, with easy to make, enjoyable, low GI food. I would recommend to anyone looking for a Low GI cookbook, who doesn't have the time for lots of preparation.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING GI DIET, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)

I bought this book also as wanted more recipes, however, this books includes a lot of yellow light foods which you are supposed to avoid when starting the diet until you get to your target weight, so until that stage I cannot really use this. Also there is some conflicting information to what Rick Gallop says, he has long grain rice listed in the green light area for instance & this book puts it in the yellow. Overall though the book has some really tasty looking recipes & great pictures of what the food should look like, maybe even too many pictures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow - well recommended, 10 Aug. 2010
Esen Halil "Esen" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
Ok, I was told by my GP that I should follow the low GI diet to help me lose weight, I was doing weight watchers but I was losing weight very slowly and was relying heavily on pre packed processed foods!
This cookbook is great! It has a beginning section explaining all about the low GI diet and what kinds of changes to your diet you need to do. I only received the book yesterday and just had to try out a recipe! I made the almond macaroons (the last recipe of the book) and I am munching on one right now and it is delicious!!! It took me about 10 minutes to prepare and 25 to cook and they are melt in the mouth and very yummy!

All the recipes have full colour pictures and the instructions are clear and easy to understand!

Another well bought bargain from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and simple, 12 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
There is a lot in here aimed at the complete beginner - both beginner cooks (not me) and beginners with GI (much more like me) - and I can understand the book being dismissed by those with more experience and knowledge - although I feel that's a bit of a mistake. The recipes are indeed easy and ingredients easy to find. I found the short intro on why low GI is "good" both logical and easier than many others I've tried to understand. I've tried about six of the recipes so far and all have been absolutely delicious. I can't imagine not liking them and they were all fairly quick so suitable for after work cooking.

I do think there is a lot of sugar in the pudding recipes, and it would have been nice to have seen lower GI substitutes, but on the other hand, it should be remembered that this is neither a weightloss guide nor a fanatic's guide to GI, but a very good intro to healthy family eating the GI way. So long as you're not expecting anything else, I'd definitely recommend it strongly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes and easy to follow, 31 May 2009
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
I had already seen a copy of a similar book which I took out from my local library. Instead of permanently renewing the book I went online with Amazon and found an updated copy full of great recipes which are low in fat and which help release sugars slowly.

I was quite surpised how reasonable it cost and have had great fun trying out the recipes on both my family and work colleagues.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOW GI COOK BOOK, 23 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
AS SOON AS I RECEIVED THIS COOK BOOK I TRIED OUT SOME RECEIPES, AS I AM TRYING TO LOSS WEIGHT, IT IS THE IDEAL BOOK FOR THAT. AT THE MOMENT I HAVE LOST OVER ONE AND A HALF STONE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMENED BUYING IT

3.0 out of 5 stars For me, not the best., 17 May 2009
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
Another clear, easy to follow recipe book from the G H kitchen, though I have to say, for me not the best one I have ( to date I do only own three titles from this range ).In total there are only 15 or 16 recipes that actually appeal to me, and the ones I've tried have turned out fine. Am not really sure what I was expecting, and it won't put me off buying other titles in the series. As ever the basic chapter at the beginning of the book is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Dec. 2010
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
Fed up of following WW diets etc and being a keen runner who needs to have fuel, I decided to investigate the low GI way of eating and purchased this cook book. It is small but concise and gives you all of the information on low, medium and high GI foods and how to prepare them.

The recipes are categorised into breakfast, lunch and dinner with options for suppers and snacks. The recipes seem easy and I am looking forward to trying them out.

The pictures are good and the instructions are clear. A great book to start off with!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book but, 28 April 2010
A. Johnston "Bozzi77" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) (Paperback)
I feel after a long day at work this book doesn't really contain many recipies which I could come in & cook with what is in the cupboards. It is lovely however for special occassions or those times where you do have time to prepare & enjoy the time cooking.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping)
Easy to Make! Low GI (Good Housekeeping) by Good Housekeeping Institute Kitchens (Paperback - 4 Feb. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01