5.0 out of 5 stars Great weight loss tool, and fun too.
Published on 21 Dec 2004 by J. Bolton

3.0 out of 5 stars Only useful if you really are lacking in motivation
As a non-runner who has recently completed a 10k with no training (I mostly walked it!) and have signed up for a half-marathon and the Paris Marathon in 6 months, I ordered this book along with two others. This publication has an atttractive, magazine-style format which is easy to read but offers no content to speak of. It's sole quality is its promotion of the benefits...
Published on 11 Oct 2010 by Germaine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great weight loss tool, and fun too., 21 Dec 2004
J. Bolton (Southfields, New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
This book is excellent. Running in layman's terms. My boyfriend runs and always asks me along, but as I could run for about 2 minues before having a coronary, I could never go. This started to annoy me, so I bought this book to find out how I could improve. Now don't get me wrong, buying a book is not the answer - heaven knows I have bought a million weightloss/fitness books without permanently either losing weight or getting fit (just lightening my wallet). But there is something about this book. Its very easy to read and understand. It starts you out slow, and answers all the questions/fears you might have (what if I don't like running in public? etc). Plus there are tonnes of 'before and after' stories from people who have taken up running and changed their life for the better - very inspirational. There is room to record your progress, and each page is in full colour. Well, I guess the proof is in the pudding. Before - fad diets/ exercise binging and purging - weight gain since University - 3 stone. After - can now run for 25 minutes flat, lost 10lb (ang gained muscle) and still going strong. In january I'll be going running with my boyfriend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, fun and inspirational!, 20 April 2004
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
If you’re looking for a book that will help you make changes in your life, this is definitely the one for you. When I got the book, I couldn’t put it down and when I did, I couldn’t wait to get my running shoes on!
It’s full of practical facts and useful advice written in a fresh easy-to-read style. In fact, the whole style of the book is very fresh and modern and unlike any other fitness book I’ve read. Look out for the great photos at the start of each chapter and the funky illustrations throughout the book.
It breaks down the task of getting fit into manageable, bite-sized chunks that anyone can tackle no matter where you’re starting from. It encourages you to set goals, to reward yourself for reaching those goals and to track your progress along the way but it’s definitely not dry and stuffy. It gives you inspiration then lays out the steps for you to become and stay motivated.
I also love the way that the book is liberally sprinkled with real life stories (many of which are very moving) and quotes that can’t fail to inspire.
It’s got me running … I’ve only just begun the book’s plan but already it’s inspired me to consider which 5k race I want to enter at the end of it (and I’ve never entered a race before in my life!)
You can have anything in life that you really want. If you want fitness, this book is a great tool to help you get there.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great start to a new life, 15 May 2005
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
A great start to running and losing weight. This book is a fresh start to a new you. I had been lazy for years occasionally visiting the gym and gradually gaining weight because I didn't exercise enough. I bought this book and was motivated to start running. I haven't stopped since.
I bought the book in November '04 and felt so great I entered the marathon in January '05 running for the charity Sense in a fairly respectable time of 4hrs 32mis ([...] This book is a great start to running, it contains lots of motivational ingrdients; charts to track your weight loss, walking and running programmes to gradually build up your fitness, and 100 reasons to run. You can read it from start to finish very quickly and then start the programme best suited to you.
I still have my well read copy and have bought 5 more for friends and family, including my sister who suffers from ashtma we are going to run the great north run together this year. This really is a great book and a good start to running. I love running now and have had so much fun training, it is much more socialble than I imagined.
Running really lifts your mood and sorts out stress, it has been proven to help depression too. I sleep so much better, approach work with renewed enthusiasm and think life is like summer all year round. I now run happily each weekend from one side of London to the other, through 4 parks, and I don't dread Mondays anymore. If you can't jog at all the book has a programme to build up your ability from one minute to 20 in no time. Running is one of the quickest ways to lose weight fast, you will notice a difference in 2 weeks or less. Buy the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to love running..., 25 May 2004
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
I found this book to be just what the doctor ordered. After attempting to tackle the treadmill on my own and not enjoying it, I sat down with this book and read it from cover to cover in one session (honest!) The fresh approach is inspiring and setting my goals in the book keeps me going back to it after every run I do.
As a beginner, I never thought I'd love running so much, but this book has made me find a new passion.
A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what it says in the title., 5 Aug 2004
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
I liked the idea of running but didn't really know where to start. This book was great, it advised me on everything from what to eat, where to run and what shoes to buy. Which gave me the confidence to just give it a go.
Far more valuable was the feeling that i could achieve anything. It inspired and motivated me to start, and now I am hooked. I have just started training for my first half marathon, im taking it very slowly but it is getting easier. If I don't feel like running one day, I flick through the book, or use one of the motivational methods its suggest.
Truly inspiring. I can't praise this book enough

5.0 out of 5 stars This is more than a 'how to run' guide, 15 Jun 2006
H. Phillips "hel_phillips" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
It's a truly inspirational book, and as you read through, it leaves you raring to go.

The book is full of inspirational stories from people from all walks of life - my favourite being the lady who started running in her 70s! It also has lots of useful tips on running techniques (from the like of Paula Radcliffe), other ways to increase fitness, running gear, and the best way to fuel yourself.

Of course, it also contains all the practical information that guides you through assessing your fitness and targets, and training plans to guide you through 5K, 10K, and marathons runs - even if you are totally unfit to start ;0)

I'll be running my first 5K race next month, and this book has been a great help, both practically and motivationally.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, I can't believe how well I am doing!, 12 Jun 2005
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book, I looked at the reviews and decided to give it a go. I was one of the people who always came in last at school cross country and hated it. Every year my dad would take us to look at the marathon and I would wish that I could do somehting that amazing! I started the book as soon as it arrived and it was so easy and interesting to read and I felt instantly motivated and raring to go! I started on the plan and had a problem running for 60 sec to start with but have now just done a Race for Life in 35min which is 3.1 miles and I ran without stopping for 20 min! Something that I never thought I would do, and I am only on week 9 of the 10 week program!!! It is a great book and if you are like me, a person who has always wanted to be able to run, but never thought that you could ever do it then get this book!!! It has changed my life and my shape!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Worth 10 stars, and the rest, just buy it!, 5 Oct 2006
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
What clever ladies these authors are and what a FAB book to read/flick through/re-read and look at the pretty pictures/quotes/PB table of my finest moments- all achieved since reading this book no less!

As everyone who has already got this in my (new!) running club says, this book is a: FANTASTIC, FABULOUS, MOTIVATING, EASY, COMPELLING,COLOURFUL and ENJOYABLE book/training guide/motivational tool! It's simply wonderful!!! I have been motivated beyond belief by this book!

I am actually an exercise professional, so as you can imagine, I have exercise-related books filling my shelves, including a number of running books, but none as friendly and accurate, professional and worthwhile as this.

Training often and loving fitness, I consider myself quite fit. Yet running is my weakness, which needed challenging. Motivation was easy- the book saw to that- the quotes from ordinary people who run are so great- it seems that everyone finds it tough and they agree that yes, the first 10 minutes are always the worst!!!

This book/life saver is PACKED with relevant quotations, serious life stories, tip after tip and a training programme for all the main distances which, if you try week one of the 5k plan, will have you believing you can run as essentially everyone can do it!!! It's scientifically highly accurate and psychologically spot-on (look at the easy lay-out and multiple fill-ins you can do!).

Take it from a professional, you will buy this book, use it, write all over it, buy another one, give it to a friend, pick it up again and re-read it, buy another one for your other friend and so the run of life continues!

Oh, and there's lots of pink bits and it's a serious bargain!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Running Made Easy, 3 Mar 2006
Mrs Katy Ryan (Higham Ferrers, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
A fabulous book. I have gone from a couch potato to a total running enthusiast and a total life change in just 8weeks. I have my first race this weekend.
Reading all the success stories and advice will motivate even the laziest couch potato (being me). It is incredibly easy to follow and makes running great fun, even on the days when sitting on the sofa is hard work.
It honestly does exactly what it says on the cover and I cant rate it high enough.
I would reccommend this book to anyone and everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running Made Easy wont fail to motivate you!, 20 April 2004
K. Reeve "karen R" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Made Easy (Paperback)
Running Made Easy is simply the best book to get you started, re motivated or on to the next stage. It is the most inspirational book I have owned and read and I have a stack of them to compare it to! The advice, the tips and the success stories all keep you going combined with the excellent photography, charts and page layouts which all add to its unique look. It's in a nice and easy read format that is in a handy 'take with you' size .
You really get the sense that this book has been written by people who are true runners that have been through the highs and lows first hand as the advice is so genuine and the success stories are truly amazing.
If you like running or want to give it a go this is the book for you as it wont fail to motivate you.

Zest: Running Made Easy
Zest: Running Made Easy by Susie Whalley and Lisa Jackson (Paperback - 21 Jan 2008)
6.99