5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!
My husband bought this book for me as a joke for Mothers Day thinking I wouldn't make anything from it. The toys and animals are absolutely stunning! I didn't know where to begin but chose a simple looking duck as it is near Easter and I didn't really know how to crochet apart from the simplest chain stitch!

There are no basic instructions on how to actually...
Published on 31 Mar 2009 by Mairi Rivers

2.0 out of 5 stars Toys to Crochet
All the animals turn out long and thin and require a lot of imagination to realise what they are. Perhaps some people will like these styalised animals, I didn't.
Published on 22 May 2012 by Fred

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, 31 Mar 2009
Mairi Rivers "mairi-the-scot" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toys to Crochet: 25 Playful Projects to Love (Hardcover)

There are no basic instructions on how to actually crochet which left me a bit stuck but, after having a quick search online, I found out what a double crochet was (beware American instructions are not the same!!!) and the duck is nearly finished and was surprisingly easy.

The designs are so original. There is a basic doll with instructions for various clothes including a bathing cap and swimming costume. There are also instructions on making the doll into a princess and a Hawaiian girl.

Amazing book. Buy it!

Other toys are:
Teddy bear with sailor clothes
Mermaid - my girls can't wait for me to make this!
Shark
Kangaroo bag with Joey - this one is also in high demand
Giraffe with gown and scarf - very cute!
Lobster
Walrus
Marmoset with dungarees
Koala with a dress
Finger puppets
Baby Building blocks
Car and Van
Horse glove puppet and foal toy
Planets and Rocket mobile
Pig and piglet
Cow and calf

2.0 out of 5 stars Toys to Crochet, 22 May 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars this was too hard for me... :0(, 16 Sep 2010
I can crotchet...

but not like this!

The toys in this book are lovely- it was the lobster that I bought it for!
Most of the designs are based around a crochet round, if like me you are used to doing squares then you may find this book a bit tricky to get started on.

I am going to keep it but I will need some quality time with someone to help me learn a few more "basics" before I can get going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another success, 5 Jun 2008
Rachel Bridgeman (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toys to Crochet: 25 Playful Projects to Love (Hardcover)
I have all of Claire Garlands books and tend to judge a knitting book on how quickly my girls make up a wish list.
On this occassion they and I found it hard to pick which project to start with and as an experienced knitter thought I'd pick crochet up without a problem but this was beyond me and I think a confident learner upwards could tackle these projects.
As usual beautifully illustrated with a lot of choice of designs but I''ll be sticking with the knitting for the time being I think!

4.0 out of 5 stars Crochet or knitting?, 17 Sep 2007
Ana Sofia Ferreira (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toys to Crochet: 25 Playful Projects to Love (Hardcover)
This book is lovely! I also purchased the "Dream toys" from Claire Garland and i must admit i love her toys! The animals are just lovely, but i don't like the dolls. I prefer the dolls patterns from Claire's babes, adorable! The little cow and horse are adorable! I love it!

Toys to Crochet: 25 Playful Projects to Love
Toys to Crochet: 25 Playful Projects to Love by Claire Garland (Hardcover - 9 July 2007)