5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
This book is perfect for beginners, as there are easy projects for everyone. This is the first crochet book I bought and I strongly reccommend it to anyone who wants to start crocheting. It is trully fantastic.

Silvia Bettin, London
Published on 27 Oct 2006 by Silvia Bettin

3.0 out of 5 stars Check out the hat pattern on page 70...
This book in general looks alright i.e. images and layout. But I am concerned about a particular hat pattern on page 70, which is done in single crochet stitch rather than double crochet stitch as stated in the book. I think it is misleading. Was it deliberate? I have done the Loop flower on page 22, it is great, try it yourself.
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by T. Laindon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Oct 2006
Silvia Bettin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Crochet: Step-by-step Projects for Crochet Novices (Paperback)

Silvia Bettin, London

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to Crochet? Then this is the book for you!, 30 Sep 2008
Having never done crochet before, I bought a few books to help me learn. I found this book to be the best by far. The diagrams are easy to follow and the project have you learning the basics step by step.

All the projects are appealing, modern and make you want to make them. Slowly but surely I'm learning all the stiches and I'm loving crochet.

A definate buy for a beginner!

5.0 out of 5 stars My best crochet book, 2 Jan 2008
This is not my first book on crochet, but it is the best I own. I have made several projects, and have received compliments for the results. The scarf is especially nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Crochet - Highly Recommended!, 21 Feb 2011
Although I had learnt the basics of crochet around a year ago, I hadn't found it naturally easy. I have been a knitter for years and was keen to learn crochet as well. This book is very good indeed and a worthwhile purchase. It teaches you how to crochet if you are a complete novice but also acts as a reference for those of us who have learnt but who need reminding how to do each stitch from time to time. There is a good selection of patterns too so that you can practice a variety of stitches. I know I will refer to this book time and again in the future. +++++

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 26 Jun 2010
I started learning to crochet 6 months ago and have used this book on a number of occasions to produce some lovely handmade things. Instructions are easy to follow and there is a good range of things to make, the strip scarf I've now made 4 times in various sizes. The yarn suggested isn't always easy to come by or cheap but it's easy to discover alternatives and make your items unique.
If you can get a copy of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - makes learning crochet easy, 3 Nov 2009
Speedster (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I got this book from the library but ended up wanting to make most things in it so have ordered it.
The explanations are clear, with good pictures, and the projects attractive (bags, scarves, cushion covers). Using this book you can make fab items and gifts and learn the techniques of crochet.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book lots of interesting tips & easy to follow, 4 July 2013
Found it very useful and easy to follow. Made myself a couple of items of clothing using the tips in the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Aug 2014
As described

3.0 out of 5 stars Check out the hat pattern on page 70..., 9 Mar 2009
T. Laindon (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews

First Crochet: Step-by-step Projects for Crochet Novices
First Crochet: Step-by-step Projects for Crochet Novices by Lesley Stanfield (Paperback - 20 Oct 2005)
Used & New from: £4.87