5.0 out of 5 stars The book I've been searching for!
Published on 30 Nov 2005 by B. Murray

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice but not brilliant
I bought this hoping to make flower brooches of wool and beads, but have been disappointed by the results. Maybe I'm just not a good enough knitter, or am using the wrong yarn, but so far none of my flowers - from several of the patterns in the book - have turned out very well.
Published on 5 Nov 2011 by Browneyes

5.0 out of 5 stars The book I've been searching for!, 30 Nov 2005
B. Murray - See all my reviews
This review is from: Decorative Knitting: 100 Practical Techniques, 125 Inspirational Ideas and 18 Creative Projects (Hardcover)
What a fantastic book! I've been knitting for most of my 35 years (some of that time professionally) and the more I learn the more I realise I don't know, regarding advanced techniques and creative ideas. I bought Alterknits at the same time, and that's pretty good, but I'd choose this first, for the sheer number of ideas it gives you for your own projects. If you're the creative type who, like me, can NEVER stick to a written pattern, or likes to design from scratch, this is the book for you. Even if you do like to follow a guide there's plenty for you here.
Well illustrated techniques for looping, bobbling, looping on bobbling (!) and other ideas that you may never have dreamed up yourself are very clearly explained. Patterns for rugs, bags, patchwork cushions, pretty smocked dresses etc only encourage you to branch out. There's also plenty of information on the latest craze - knitting with alternative yarns.
So, not for the beginner, more for the enthusiastic intermediate and advanced/professional.
Right, I'm off to start that recycled plastic bag princess dress and crown!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 8 April 2010
Elaine B Reader (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have to agree with first reviewer, a wonderful book full of really usable ideas - some so easy it makes you wonder why you didn't think of them yourself. I too have been knitting for a very long time, have tried most things (not always successfully)but love the easy ways to transform knitting show here. As the book is at a bargain price at present snap it up, you won't regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice but not brilliant, 5 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars decorative knittings, 25 Oct 2010
Valerie Harris "delaware" (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
Great book although it has taken me quite a while to understand some of it, but once I started to make sense of the illustrated instructions I was ready to to have a go at mastering some things. I have not knitted for some time but have now got to grips with stitches and techniques I never dreamed of. I still have a long way to go but with the help of this book I think I'll get there. The pictures are great and I can only hope that one day in the future I will be able to create something to be proud of. Also this is a great addition to my growing library of knitting books.

ARRAY(0xac2be4e0)