4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book with great photo's
Published on 22 May 2008 by J. Sheridan-ross

3.0 out of 5 stars complete step by step upholstery
I've not tried any of the projects yet, but the book seems to be a bit more on the inspiration rather than practical side of things.
Published 11 months ago by M. Forrest

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book with great photo's, 22 May 2008
J. Sheridan-ross "jakkisr" (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This I think is a book for beginners. It is generously sized and includes actual photographs of each of the projects being demonstrated. It doesn't contain a great deal of text, working mainly with lists of what you need then showing you exactly what to do. There is a good range of projects covering just about any seating upholstery project you might want to tackle. I particularly like the photo's showing where various tools are used (as a beginner, some of the pins and needles look rather oddly shaped to me so its good to see what they are actually meant for!). Well worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful book with good pictures, 17 July 2009
I bought this with a particular project in mind, restoring a victorian chair identical to the one shown in this book. It probably wasn't the easiest project to start with, but this book shows you step by step what to buy, how to do it and what the finished result should look like.

One or two of the steps could be described a bit more clearly, but this is clearly laid out with good photos - I am delighted with the chair I've done and am about to embark on another. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to make a start on upholstery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and comprehensive book, 5 Jun 2010
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
Forget all other upholstery books; this is the one to buy if, like me, you need detailed photographs to make your understanding of the subject a lot easier. Every project is easily explained and the addition of the clear, detailed photographs make for an extremely good reference book that I will be making a lot of use of. I have bought many books on this subject and have always been frustrated that key areas are 'skipped' over with the assumption that you already know how do them, when they aren't at all obvious, but this book doesn't make those assumptions and clearly explains them. Anyone wishing to teach themselves how to become very competent at upholstery should buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good step by step guide for more advanced yet specific upholstery tasks, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
Currently working on a wing chair and using the step by step guide which I'm finding useful. Tackles some projects other books don't which I find a great addition for my library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for a budding upholsterer, 16 Aug 2013
Mr. Justin Edsall (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
Purchased as a birthday present, to help my grandson on his course.He seemed to be very please with it and it is already well thumbed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, clear instructions, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
I found this book to be very useful. The instructions are clear and concise helped greatly by the acccompanying pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Step-by-Step upholstery, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
An absolutely brilliant, easy to read and understand book on upholstery. Most impressed with the clear illustrations and instructions. Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter guide, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
I was pleased with this book as it gives clear instructions to people unfamiliar with doing upholstery including the tools necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upholstery book, 3 Jun 2010
Alan Hunter (Stirling, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
Excellent book. Bought this for my wife who wants to start upholstering furniture and she is excited by the book content.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked how expensive this book was!!!!, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Complete Step-by-step Upholstery (Paperback)
I ordered this book for my daughter for her birthday ...it arrived on time despite me changing the delivery address, and having it redirected . It was in good condition as quoted ... But I paid £90.00 for the paperback version . I have noticed it sells second hand for around £13.00 , well I think that is all that it is worth ... Totally shocked by the price . There was no return address in the packaging so not sure how to return it or get a refund on it . It's my daughters birthday now ! and so this will be her present ... But I will be very careful in future what I buy over the internet . All the book reviews were encouraging , but the reality was quite shocking . If I were you , buy the £13.00 version , because I expected a lot more for £ 90.00 .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Complete Step-by-step Upholstery
Complete Step-by-step Upholstery by Ruth Dye (Paperback - 7 Aug 2009)
Used & New from: £56.57