5.0 out of 5 stars The easy way to learn to crochet
This book is excellent. Within a few hours I had worked out how to read a crochet pattern - I had been trying for years. The colour photos of the stitches are very clear and the patterns provided are a good blend of classic and modern. The book is colourful, clear and well presented. Now I realise how easy crochet is there's no stopping me.
Published on 9 Mar. 2004 by M. V. Quinn

1.0 out of 5 stars Learn to crochet...but not from this book
Published on 12 Aug. 2009 by Carrie O

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The easy way to learn to crochet, 9 Mar. 2004
M. V. Quinn "vivienneq" (Dungannon UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to teach yourself the art of crochet, 29 Jun. 2009
V Laidlaw - See all my reviews
I really like this book, it's easy tounderstand and I can now do basic crochet. Would recommend it to any other person wishing to learn the craft of crochet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Learn to crochet...but not from this book, 12 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
I chose this book because it seemed to have the clearest diagrams and, since I am an absolute novice when it comes to crochet, this seemed like the best criteria to use when choosing an instructional book, knowing as I did nothing at all about crochet. How wrong! The instructions are confusing to say the least. At several points the instruction requires one to be following a pattern (e.g. to know how many chains along to make a stitch). How I could be following a pattern when I can't even make a single crochet is beyond me. Then there's the baffling order of the 'tutorials'; I'm taught how to make a chain, then instead of telling me how to crochet into the chain, I'm taught how to crochet a treble. As I said, I'm a novice..but surely that's illogical. This book has frustrated me beyond belief. As an experienced knitter, I'm sure this isn't entirely down to my incompetence, in fact just a 5 minute Google search has illuminated me more than a full day and evening with this book. Like the last reviewer says, this is not for beginners. It's only saving grace is that it comes with a nice pattern for a shoulder bag which (once I master crochet from the internet) I'm looking forward to trying out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Complete Biginners, 27 Sept. 2004
By A Customer
This is not the book for complete beginners to learn crochet. Sue Whiting teaches as if you had already learned crochet before. Learn to Crochet: An Intermediate's Guide ... would be more appropriate!

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn to crochet?, 4 April 2010
P. Tyrer (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
I would have found this book rather difficult had I had no idea about how to crochet - I would not recommend it for absolute beginners

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed left hander, 1 Nov. 2009
B. Pickering (s e london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
this is disappointing because i'm left handed and found no help within. it shows basic stitches , but doesn't sat enough about getting started for the VERY first time. if you prefer words to symbols, this is not the book for you. the articles you can make are pretty and i did get some good ideas from them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn to crochet, 14 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
Simple and easy to read and understand.Illustrations are attractive and enhance understanding.
The simple patterns included are useful and varied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Beginners, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
Not a book I would recommend for beginners - there are much better books available. As a complete beginner myself I could not understand the cluster stitch pattern which is used for a scarf pattern. Fortunately, I am taking a crochet class and the tutor - after having to consult another book to aid her - was able to work out the pattern. I don't think I would buy another book from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars project underway, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
The book was very helpful in that it has me crocheting again. I'd have liked some granny squares included but I knew the contents when I bought it. I like the support it gives for the various stitches. The throw that I'm working on is going well and is very simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Learn to Crochet (Paperback)
This is a very easy to follow book and has got me back into crochet after many years. The steps are easy to follow. I was looking for pattern for doing squares and they are not in this book but it is good for explaining the different stitches.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Learn to Crochet
Learn to Crochet by Sue Whiting (Paperback - 30 April 2015)
Available for pre-order