5.0 out of 5 stars I am recommending this because it is excellent.
If you are serious about investing your time, money and effort in passing your driving test successfully then this is one of the two DVDs available that will help you to do so.

I speak from experience because I received and reviewed the previous version of this DVD last year. I loaned it to one of my son's friends Andy who passed first time.
He told me...
Published 1 month ago by Glenn Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective...
One of the many Focus releases to help you pass the UK driving test, this one is DVD based. It is not a replacement for actual textbook study, but it is a very simple and relaxing way to revise. Stick this on the TV when you have some free time and it will certainly improve your theory score. For the low price you'd be a bit silly not to buy something like this, actually...
Published 6 days ago by M. Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I am recommending this because it is excellent., 11 Oct 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Driving Test Success Theory Test DVD 2014/15 Edition (DVD) (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

He told me that this was the best tool for helping him pass.
Also in viewing the DVD for evaluation I was able to see just how good this DVD is.

This year it it my 17 yo son's turn. He will use this and The Hazard perception and I will get back to you on his success (hopefully) later.
Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 (PC DVD)

I don't need to go into all the intricacies and features of the DVD the 'blurb does that far better than I.
All I can do is really recommend this DVD to you it will help you pass pure and simple.
I am recommending this because it is excellent.

When you pass your driving test then you may drive for life and if this program helps you achieve that then it it is worth 10 times it's price.

4.0 out of 5 stars What do they expect? Grand Theft Auto?, 15 Nov 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I came to this DVD as a driver attempting to encourage a non driver to finally attempt their test. Given the theory test covers defined content the acid test is the extent to which it motivates the learner.

After an introduction and guidance about how to use the DVD, you can settle down to learning or revising the Highway Code before sitting a variety of test papers to check your understanding.

‘Learn Theory’: short tests containing 20 questions targeting specific categories (for example hazard awareness, road and traffic signs) or randomly selected from the entire test. Each answer is marked as you go along and a short text provides an explanation (whether you answered correctly or not). I found this very useful as a means to target and refresh areas of weakness and each batch of questions appeared different from the last (albeit with some repetition as you would expect from a finite pool of questions).

‘Practice exam’: 50 questions for you to attempt as a mock test, providing your score at the end and enabling you to review the entire test or just any questions you answered incorrectly.

‘Case studies’: a short guide to explain how some questions are intended to test understanding rather than just regurgitation of facts, although no tests are included specifically for this section.

‘Hazard Perception’: ten videos to practise responses to potential emerging hazards on the road. I found this interesting although slightly tedious as each clip has to be played once to test and then a second time to discover if you clicked at the right times (although it isn’t scored, so you aren’t informed if you clicked too early or late, there’s just a red circle to highlight the hazard you were supposed to have identified).

‘Show me tell me’: video clips that take you under the bonnet, inside and outside the car to demonstrate how to, for example check oil levels, clean the windscreen and check your tyres. This is particularly well done and the presentation style is not at all patronising. All of the question combinations that can be asked by an examiner are listed and suggested answers provided separately so you can self-test although this is not interactive.

Overall, the DVD offers a fairly dry run through of the Highway Code and then provides the means for a learner to test their understanding and concentrate on identified areas of weakness prior to the real test. I found the presentation useful, more interesting than studying a text and the hazard perception tests interesting, although I would have liked the tests to highlight missed hazards as they arose.

However, I don’t have a test to pass and it is my wannabe driver’s impression that really counts. ‘Okay, better than a book but not much happened with the hazards’. I forget that the present generation is steeped in expectation. Well, was it useful in helping you to understand what the test is about? ‘S’pose, but, like, not much happened’. Well, what would you want to have happen? ‘Dunno, just wasn’t very exciting’. Yes, but this isn’t about being exciting but learning how to drive safely on the road. ‘Yeah, s’pose. Wouldn’t say it was wicked but better than reading stuff’. So, there you have it. Not wicked, not much happens but better than reading stuff. Unfortunately, the latest batch of learners are probably just biding their time to get past the boring bit of the test and all that stuff in order to put what they have learned from ‘Need for Speed’ into practice.

Me? Personally, I rate this good for the price point. However, I am now in search of software that will help my protégé fail the theory test in order to keep them off the roads for as long as possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good theory test aid, but it does have its limitations, 14 Oct 2014
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very useful DVD which contains all the questions and answers for cars and motorcycles which are currently in the DVSA theory test database. It also contains 2 different databases to cover the very subtle differences between GB and NI driving rules (The DVD refers to UK and NI rules, but lets not get into political inaccuracies).

When practising the theory test questions, you can either choose from a random sample of 20 questions, or take a 20 questions from a set category if there are certain aspects of driving rules which you are less sure about. It also contains a copy of the current highway code to assist with any other aspects of the rules which don't get examined in the theory test.

In addition to the standard theory questions, there is also a section for case study questions and hazard perception. Unfortunately, this is where the key limitation of the DVD arises. With the case study questions, only a sample question is provided i.e. there are no actual practice case study questions for you to try yourself. Similarly, the hazard perception videos are only samples and you can't take a practice test for yourself.

There is a show me tell me section included within the DVD which is actually more geared (excuse the pun) for the practical driving test as you may be asked various questions about car maintenance and checks which should be carried out at regular intervals.

The only other thing that I would say about this DVD is that when advance between practice case study questions, there are too many animations and so this can make the tests a bit slow and tedious. However, other than this, it is a useful aid in preparing to pass your theory test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful preparation for the theory test., 16 Oct 2014
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Driving Test Success Theory test DVD.

This is a DVD home learning for the theory driving test 2014/15 edition.

I had the 2012 version for my daughter who found it very useful. She passed her theory test first time. This newer version is to help her fiancé pass his test.

Approach.
--------------
This DVD uses the example. Learn and test system. It contains animations and a few video examples to help understand the theory. It is all very well thought-out and tried and tested. Many of my friends children have used this series with great success- I learned a few things too !

How it works.
------------------
This DVD works on most systems with a DVD including Mac computers, PC’s, XBOX, PS3 and 4 and also in a simple DVD player.
It contains all you need to know about the test along with an online version of the Highway Code. It also includes a voice over function for those with reading difficulties.
It is well produced and works well on my PC at home. It is also made in such a way that learning is fun and enjoyable.

Overall.
----------
A well-produced package that should help students understand what is required to pass the theory test. Both my daughter and her fiancé say this is much more help than the various books they have. The local driving instructors also recommend and use this software It is also well priced for what it contains in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great asset for budding drivers, 9 Oct 2014
Arkgirl (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This DVD is great for anyone preparing for their theory test and also useful for any driver as a refresher course.
It has a variety of sections:
Introduction
Help and How to Use
Highway Code
Learn Theory
Practice Exam
Case Studies
Hazard Perception
and Show Me Tell Me

The Hazard Perception gives sample videos to prepare you for this aspect of the test and the Show me tell me section has videos taking you through some of the practical aspects of looking after your car like checking the oil levels. There are tons of tests to check your knowledge and it covers the different tests for car and motorcycles.
It works on my laptop or through the DVD on my TV. For a home with teenagers who are starting to prepare for driving it has been a great help and should make the difference for passing the Theory test first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent low cost way of ensuring you are prepared for your theory test, 6 Nov 2014
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I passed my driving test - which was more years ago than I care to remember, it seemed so simple. I had about a dozen lessons and passed first time. It's much harder now, and it seems to me that the cost has increased dramatically. Insurance is crippling and the test is harder to pass.

My son has been saving all year for driving lessons and we see these DVDs as an excellent low cost way of ensuring he has the best chance of success by giving him the chance to learn and revise the theory test over and over again.

For such a low price I would have thought that everyone who is taking a driving test would find it to be a worthwhile way of cutting down the amount of driving lessons they need to pass their test.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Study Aid, 14 Oct 2014
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good study aid and concentrates on the Theory element of the driving test as opposed to other discs I have seen that cover all three elements and in fact I have the Hazard Perception Test one by the same company. The disc is a multi platform disc and should work not just on your DVD player but also on your games console and PC/Mac. I haven't had chance to try it out on my PC as yet and have only checked it out on my DVD player but it works more than fine on there and so I don't know if I will actually use it with the PC or not to be honest.
Not only can you practice each question for the test but you can also sits lots of random mock tests in preparation for the real thing. All in all this is a good DVD and having now tried out a few of the full package ones I can say that the full package ones obviously cover all three elements but not everyone necessarily wants advise on the practical test from a disc. This is a reasonably priced disc and is very easy to use and out of this and the hazard perception dvd from the same company this is much better in quality in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence building dvd, 13 Nov 2014
D. M. Trowsdale (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well designed and easy to use dvd. It has a comprehensive guide to anything you will find on the actual theory test.
It is well worth investing in this revision aid, not only will it give you confidence on the day of your theory test, but it will instil the rules of good driving on the roads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on theory, 23 Oct 2014
B. Innes "Mtoto" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This worked on an Apple and a PC.

Had this for my daughter who needs to pass her theory, then made my son who is a cyclist spend some time with it as in addition to the sections on cars and motorbikes there are the rules and guidance for cyclists.

He had so little idea about the highway code it was frightening, particularly as I bought him a copy when he got his first bike. He is now a lot better and I hope somewhat safer. Think digital is the only way to go with the young,

The Q&A part was excellent. If I was being very picky a little slow in moving to question to question, or in providing the answer.

For me it was a great top up and reminder as well.

The hazard perception section was poor - presumably so you buy another DVD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, but slow loading at times, 17 Oct 2014
S. D. Spicer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a superb set of questions and answers that really gives a flavour of the actual test. It's comprehensive and it's up to date. My wife is currently learning to drive and it has been invaluable to her revision for the theory test. Not only does it cover the theory, but it also has sections on hazard perception and basic car maintenance that are included in the full test.

My one complaint about it is that because it's using the interactivity allowed in a DVD - they've done this to make it as universal as possible - it also suffers from the slow load/lag times that some DVD players have. At times this proved frustrating as it seemed that there was a wait after every question. Would like to see the publishers address this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Driving Test Success Theory Test DVD 2014/15 Edition (DVD)
Driving Test Success Theory Test DVD 2014/15 Edition (DVD) by Focus Multimedia (Not Machine Specific)