This is the worlds' number 1 Encyclopaedia and is excellent. It is like buying a huge room full of big books all on one CD with a summary of the world's history, geography , science and all subjects. I usually buy a copy every 10 years because computers gat out of date by then.
Published 6 months ago by Nazrul Hossain

Published 22 months ago by Harvey Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to un-install one version in order to install new version, 9 Sept. 2013
Harvey Williams "welsh worm" (Mold Flintshire North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
I purchased a disc back in July, it appeared faulty as it would not let me enter site. I was sent a new disc BUT here the big problem starts, I cannot delete the old disc in order to install new disc, due to the Error Message appearing saying " The Launch Anywhere Properties is Missing " so I am now left with a useless disc, brand new that I cant download. It is only only on this file that this message appears, as I can delete and download other discs and files with no problem. So I am VERY UNHAPPY with your product of Encyclopedia Britannica 2013. If you can help me eradicate this problem I may then give you a higher mark.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Software, 8 Jan. 2013
Paul J. Smith (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
The product regsistration does not work. After completing the process, you are still prompted to register the product every time that you use it and updates are impossible. I have e-mailed Britannica technical support but they have not responded. See the reviviews for Britannica 2012 and you will see that this problem has been known to them for sometime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
I had an edition in about 2006. This new edition is disappointing. It seems to have no focus, and it just a compilation of information without contemporary comment. The range of cold information is mind-blowing but no assessments about its importance and its value at present.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the 2006 edition, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
I found it really dissapointing that you had to subscribe to access most of the information. I thought it would be useful for my studies, but this was not the case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick to Wikipedia, 29 Mar. 2013
Mr. Stephen F. Male "Steve" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
This package is OK but really Wikipedia is far more comprehensive, better sourced and referenced not to mention easier to use.

The myth that Wikipedia is riddled with errors is simply not true. Most of it particularly the technical and humanities is well written and researched and all with a wealth of references and sources along with many links to further expand the information provided.

The populist "celeb" stuff may be, from time to time, high-jacked by morons but as that is of no interest to me I can't comment.

For the good stuff Wikipedia is superb. We should all support Wikipedia and send the money we would have spent on this package as a donation to the Wikipedia foundation.

2.0 out of 5 stars ( defect knqn toFOCUS0 Not nearly as good Millenium, 13 July 2014
Difficulty during installing
Had to uninstall twice
uninstall file did not work, ( defect knqn toFOCUS0
Not nearly as good Millenium Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the worlds' number 1 Encyclopaedia and is excellent. It is like buying a huge room full ..., 27 Dec. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars "Clumsy software", 31 May 2014
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
This software is the most awkward and is very prolonged during its installation. The Britannica website has its own support site and loking at the listed common problems others have found it very poor. Dont waste time and money on it is my advice and my view point only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for a need for new information, 19 Sept. 2013
Mr. P. A. Rook (PO2 0DP) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
I already owned the 2006 version of Britannica, which I was used to navigating around. Initial getting used to this version soon overcome and found useful entries a big help with crosswords. Well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars update encyclopaedia 2013, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 (DVD-ROM)
i have been collecting encyclopedia for a few years now and find then very imformative even thought they are american based

Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013
Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate 2013 by Focus (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)