5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended.
Im a driving instructor and purchased this to check out what my students are using. Will be recommending this as a learning aid.
Published on 25 Nov. 2012 by Terry

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, BUT...
I needed this disk because I went in for my first theory and failed by 2 points on the HAZARD PERCEPTION!
so I saw that the success rates were good on this so I purchased it.
I installed it today on my laptop and the hazard perception videos are very poor and I cannot review my marks on the video's because 'not linked together' (whatever that means!)...
Published 23 months ago by sophie

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Driving Test Success All Tests New Edition 2013/14 (PC) (DVD-ROM)

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 1 Dec. 2012
it is good, easy to use and realy good help fo any1 who want to learn for teory test, and it is cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had my doubts because it isn't official but it's EXCELLENT!, 7 Mar. 2013
I only realised after buying this that this was not an official product, i.e. it wasn't the one issued by the actual Driving Standards Agency! When I realised I immediately had doubts about it because you tend to think the official product will be better. However, the reviews for this were very good and better than the official product so I decided to stick with it; this one was also cheaper!
I have to say that this prepared me perfectly for the test. When I actually took the test everything felt familiar because the Mock Tests in this DVD replicate the look and feel of what you will get in the real thing. They also have pretty much all the questions you will get in the test so as long as you work through it all then you should be more than prepared. My bigger concern was the hazard perception part of the test but the software contains lots of its own hazard perception tests so once again as long as you work through this package you will find nothing particularly new in the test and this will increase your confidence as you work through the test - although you will still probably be very nervous and stressed!
All-in-all as long as you follow the instructions and work through the software thoroughly and follow its advice then if you consistently pass the software's mock tests you should be able to pass the real one.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 18 Dec. 2012
purchased this DVD to get ready for theory test. after 2 weeks of learning decided that I am ready for the test. Passed test at first attemt thanks to this DVD. Took me around an hour a day for 2 weeks to get ready for test

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST out there!, 4 Nov. 2012
I bought this as it really was about time I got the theory done and it's helped me so much!
There are so many questions and the tests feel very realistic. It's definitely worth the money and I've gone from never passing a test, to now passing with a maximum of one wrong each time.
A great improvement of my knowledge and I'd HIGHLY recommend this to anyone learning to drive!

UPDATE:
I passed my theory test today and it was 100% down to this product. Worth every penny and I only wish a practical test edition could exist!!! BUY THIS!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good preparation for driving, 27 Jun. 2013
JoMaynard (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This package attempts to prepare you for the UK Driving Theory, Hazard Perception and even practical test. It also aims to prevent quite so many young drivers being involved in collisions.

The initial video is quite sobering, and it would be good if parents ensured their children watch this feature. We really do have to do something to improve the statistics.

I found the theory test part was quite useful, and good practice for the test. I was relieved I seemed to do okay, except I wasn't as hot on the first aid as I might have hoped.

I found the Hazard Perception a bit tricker, in fact I found it quite tricky to work out what I was supposed to be doing, and where I had made the mistakes. It was only after I had used it a few times, that I realised what was being scored. So the instructions could be clearer. If this is what the real test is like, then actually this section is invaluable, as I would have been totally confused as to what I was supposed to do without it.

Other features include: Practical Driving Lessons, helpful if you aren't even sure what you are supposed to be doing. To be used in combination with real lessons in the rd.
The Official Highway Code - as needed by all drivers, although this is also available on line.
Mock driving test - together with feedback, a useful part of your preparation, and to calm nerves.
Braking Distance Simulator - interesting to see what different speeds or road surface or loads do to breaking distance.
The Show me Tell me questions.
Also it can be used on the go, you can download sections to listen to on a MP3 player.
There is also the chance to access free online updates.

It can be set up for multiple users, and as well as the basic learner driver mode, it can be set for the ADI test. Which I may just come back to using!

Overall, it is a useful tool for anyone who is or has children who are preparing for their driving test. It was pretty simple to install and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars "ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC", 6 April 2013
Hi everyone

This is my very first review ever. I was so scared listening to people about how hard the THEORY TEST is and all that crap but then I just bought this pack of DVD and was very scared that whether I bought a right one or not, would I be able to pass my exam with just this or I have to do more? But TRUST ME ON THIS, this is a 100% Pass. I went over with all the Practise Set of Questions and sat only for 5 Mock-Test and only covered half of the Hazard Perceptions and I booked my test as I was confident enough. And guess what I just passed my Theory Test and that also went very well as you normally get 60 mins for 50 Multiple Choice Questions and I finished my test in only 15 mins, although I would like to mention there were only 7-8 questions in the actual exam which are not in this DVD as I would assume so, but apart from that every single questions was from these questions covered in this DVD.

This DVD is so good as it shows you the bit where you're lacking and where you are doing well in a Graphical manner which is quite interesting as then you can focus on the areas which you are not getting it quite right.

So, overall, just buy a pack of this DVD and that's it, forget about what anyone else says, finish it up and you're all ready to go.

Cheers!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, 21 Jun. 2013
I have only used this a few times but it is such a great aid! arrived quickly and is easy to set up on the laptop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing DVD worth its value, 19 Dec. 2012
I was a bit concerned about the hazard perception test before I sat the theory exam. Originally, I was planning to buy the offical hazard perception DVD. Based on the reviews on this item, I decided to buy this item for its hazard perception training but it contains everything I need for both theory and practical tests. For the hazard perception training, the DVD contains 23 interactive videos to demonstrate the potential hazards in different circumstances. It gives me very good ideas when to click and how to score the marks. Besides, it has 15 mock hazard perception tests in DVD and contain some tips for the exam. Without the 23 practice, I would hardly understand why I need to click the screen so early when some hazards were well ahead. Of course, I passed my theory exam in my first attempt and thank for this DVD. I highly recommend this item and it is definitely worth more than its value.

5.0 out of 5 stars PASSED MY THEORY FIRST TIME THANKS TO THIS BRILLIANT PRODUCT!, 2 Feb. 2014
I don't often write reviews for products I've purchased online but I am so impressed with this I just had to!
This product is absolutely brilliant. I am writing this review having passed my theory test yesterday with a pass of 48/50 on the multiple choice (pass mark is 43/50) and 65 out of 75 on the hazard perception section (park mark is 44/75).
I received the CD on the 17th January (ordered on 14th), used it for about an hour a day and at the end of a week I felt confident enough to book a test. Another week later and here I am with my pass certificate!

It really has everything you need and is very easy to use. It includes helpful introduction videos which are very similar to those you are shown in the real theory test. It includes a printable copy of the highway code and question book of all of the official revision questions.
My favourite features are the practise and mock tests. There are preset and customizable mock tests for the multiple choice theory section. The customized test option allows you to adjust the difficulty level and to focus on topics which you are performing the weakest on if you wish. These mock tests are incredibly similar to the official test. When I took the real test it just felt like I was doing one of the mock tests at home. They have done a fantastic job of replicating it.

The hazard perception part is brilliant too. It is just like the real test and great for practising and preparing.
It is true that there are a couple of clips where it is not possible to score the maximum 5 points as the hazard simply is not visible yet. There is a very useful feature where you can review each clip afterwards to see the exact points you should click to score 5,4,3,2 and 1 point/s. On a couple of the clips (and really it is only 1 or 2, I watched them all) on reviewing them I paused at the point where you should click to score 5 and it is too early, it's not a case of spotting the potential early, it simply just is not visible yet. However, as I said, this really is just 1 or 2 of the many clips in the database and it most definitely does not prevent you from passing the test or learning properly.
When I first started practising with the clips I was failing alot and found it very frustrating but after lots of practise was scoring 4's and 5's for almost every clip.
So reviewers who say it is not possible to pass in my opinion just haven't practised enough. It's just a case of learning to spot the potential hazards and click as soon as you see them which is exactly what you have to do in the real test.
I still rate it 5 stars as it is a very tiny flaw with what is overall a fantastic product and aside from those 1 or 2 clips in the database the hazard perception training is spot on to what the real test is like, trust me.

I can't speak much for the practical part of the software as I haven't explored much of it yet. I will be doing now that I have my theory done :). But I am confident that it will be just as helpful for preparation.

So, to anyone considering buying this, DO IT!
Prior to purchasing this I had done no learning or studying of driving theory whatsoever.
Nor had I ever practised hazard perception, I didn't even really understand what that part of the test was it until I bought this.
I passed with high pass marks in just 2 weeks of using ONLY this.

So I really am proof that it is ALL YOU NEED!

Use it well for 1 hour a day until you feel confident you've learned it all and you will too!
For £6.52 it is an absolute steal! Especially when you consider the cost of all the official dsa books they recommend you buy. (Don't waste your money!)
Take it from me, this is your golden ticket to passing providing you use it well.
Now for me it's on to the practical!!! :P

Driving Test Success All Tests New Edition 2013/14 (PC)
Driving Test Success All Tests New Edition 2013/14 (PC) by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)