5.0 out of 5 stars Does correct English matter and can it be fun?
Yes it does and can. If we write and speak English correctly we can more easily say exactly what we want to say and ensure that the person to whom we are talking or writing will understand us. This is an easy book to read. It makes grammar light work and is an ideal way to help young people understand the beauty and precision of the English language. Don't read all at...
Published on 16 Jun. 2010 by Railway Buff

3.0 out of 5 stars A difficult read - not very helpful for beginners.
I found this book quite impenetrable and as a result my poor grammar is for now untouched. Whilst I have no doubt the rules covered are up to scratch, the way they are presented is lacking. The book lacks any form of structure or clear lesson planning. Particularly with the lack of index (a fatal error for a non-fiction book), your only hope is to read it from start to...
Published on 5 April 2012 by R-B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to school, 9 May 2010
Terence Bowen (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a present for my partner. She thinks that it is brilliant. She says that it reminds you of all the grammar that you learned at school and which you had largely forgotten, but it does so in a very user friendly was and without making you feel too stupid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Highly Recommended., 8 Feb. 2009
This a great book for revising your english and even learning things about grammar that you didn't even now (unless of course you were really listening in your english classes as school). Highly recommended for anyone wishing to brush up on their grammar skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 26 Mar. 2014
A great little book. Informative, fun to read, and improves your grammar too. Well worth buying if you take any pride in the way you speak and write, or wonder why you say things in a particular way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Aug. 2010
I will be purchasing more copies of this book as several people have tried to take my own precious copy. I highly recommend this book and regret not buying it much sooner.

4.0 out of 5 stars My grammar and I or should that be Me?, 8 Feb. 2009
M-C PENPRAZE (Sutton Surrey) - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant. I have bought three copies as presents. Two of these were for reference purposes for two people who know their grammar well and the third for someone who needs to be able to check what is correct because of lack of knowledge. My Mother tells me there is a mistake regarding the use of "not as" as a comparison. She says it should be "not so" as in "not so much of something". She is very hot on grammar and yet English is her second language!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unstructured and Unhelpful, 16 Nov. 2012
Title says it all. The author introduces the reader to concepts assuming the reader already has an understanding. She moves back and forth between different concepts making for a very scattered and unorganised read. The text is very conversational - which is fine - but i feel the book lacks substance. For example the author at times provides a long list of grammatical rules, but then does not give any explanation as to why we have these rules. Such an explanation would definitely help the reader to understand and remember rules of grammar. I would not recommend this book. I am currently reading 'English Grammar for Dummies' which has a lot more structure to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Book, 11 Jan. 2010
Heidi Brand (France) - See all my reviews
Written in an informative yet fun style this little book is easy to read and makes an excellent job of tackling all areas of punctuation. I've only read this through once so far and will need to revisit some chapters again as some of the 'rules' are more complicated than others but the layout of this book makes that easy to do. This book is a practicle and useful addition to my reference books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book, 25 Sept. 2011
Ms A. Breen (Coventry, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I never knew that learning grammar could be so entertaining. This is a subject that in the past caused me to glaze over, whenever it surfaced, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The information is presented in a humorous and memorable way.
The book itself is beatifully bound - one of those that is both a visual and a tactile pleasure to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Oct. 2009
This book is exactly what I wanted. It is packed with information that is present in a way that makes it easy to remember. I keep it by my desk and find myself dipping into it on a regular basis

4.0 out of 5 stars my grammar is better now I've got this book, 15 Dec. 2014
Good, amusing and informative read, would be vary much better if it had an index, hence reason for 4 and not a 5 star rating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English