Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 September 2013
To be perfectly honest,at the end of the day,when all is said and done I enjoyed this book.I thought it was going to be comprehensive a list of cliches but its more of a history of a few of the more popular ones.It certainly pulled the wool over my eyes.It just shows you not to jump to conclusions.Having said that with the best will in the world its still worth a punt.Its certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
on 28 July 2015
Just where would we all be without using or hearing others use cliches? They can be the seen as the colour that is used to enhance areas of an otherwise monochrome word image or the connection to a presentation that immediately communicates with the reader or listener. This is not to encourage their use in factual and objective reports or scientific journals but they can have a very effective contribution to make when used to communicate opinion or view. They can also tell the audience rather more about the author than might at first be apparent. A lovely little book, and such fun.
on 24 November 2012
I couldn't decide if the book is aimed at an American audience or us. It seemed an unhappy mix of both cultures.
on 30 December 2013
Very interesting and informative little book which is a great source of pleasure for a browse.thats all I can think of to fill the space demanded of me.
on 29 January 2015
Virtually brand new although described as new. Arrived in good time.
on 12 November 2013
It is still interesting though, have bought 3 for Christmas presents.

hope they find them good reading on a cold and wet night.
on 19 December 2012
Rehash of old cliches. Nothing new to learn about. Could have wrote this book myself. Would not recommend to anyone.