4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any Bond or Moore fans....
An abridged version of the recently released Roger Moore biography read by the great man himself - which is a big bonus. Extremely witty, enjoyable and modest, this will have you longing for Moore (pardon the pun) after listening to the two and a half hour running time of this two disk set. Disk one takes a very in depth look at his childhood (i had no idea he spent time...
Published on 16 Oct 2008 by Mr. Matthew C. Wolski

3.0 out of 5 stars Stirred But Not Shaken
This is a very interesting and amusing book, but sadly Mr Moore fails to allow the reader to get anywhere near his heart. We read a great deal about his happy childhood (notwithstanding the Blitz and evacuation) and his long and successful career - in which he appears to have either met or worked with almost everybody important in the entertainment industry - but we don't...
Published on 28 Oct 2011 by Big Andy

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming................., 21 Oct 2008
My sister is a major Roger Moore fan so I bought this for her as an early Christmas present - I have to say I had a sneaky peak and once I started reading I could not put it down - loved it - what a charming read it was. A great tone and it was just so funny. This is a proper autobiography by someone who has lead a life and a half. I love old fashioned Hollywood stories and there are plenty in here to keep me happy.
Will have to buy a new copy for my sister as this one is staying firmly on my bookcase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moore like this, please!, 12 Mar 2009
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This really is a charming audiobook. Roger Moore, best known for his role as James Bond, reveals himself to be a witty, modest and captivating speaker. Unlike many celebrities, this isn't a 'me me me' tale, or a point scoring exercise. It's the story of a very likeable chap who has quite appropriately made it big, and happens to have done some interesting things and met some interesting people along the way. As Roger Moore reads you are caught up in the fascinating story of someone who really can be described as a Gentleman. You get the impression that the suave sophisticate with the wide streak of gallantry and biting humour seen in Bond was actually quite close to the real Roger Moore. He has a story to tell, and it's quite fascinating. It also helps that he has an excellent reading voice. After listening to it I was left wanting Moore, and am now off to get the book so as to get the full, unabridged, story.

3.0 out of 5 stars The name is Moore, Roger Moore, 23 Oct 2008
Nick Brett (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Roger Moore's first autobiography, published just past his 80th birthday so it does reflect a long and varied actor's life.
The Saint, The Persuaders and of course James Bond will be the obvious associations, but Moore has more of an acting pedigree then I realised. An acting career that started off before the war and then gradually built up, mainly establishing himself in the US rather then the UK. He comes over with a dry wit and as an affable person, certainly not fond of himself and happy to accept his limitations and to appreciate he has been very lucky.
It is surprising how many of the famous generation of actors he knew although he chooses not to dish dirt and his anecdotes are fairly genial.
He spends more time on the individual Bond films then most of his other work as an actor and then finishes up with his work with UNICEF. His passion for UNICEF shines through, but although this is a very worthy cause, it is perhaps the least interesting aspect of the book.
So an easy read but not enough in it to raise it above the mildly entertaining.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 18 July 2013
After reading the book on Michael Caine,I thought this would be worth a read.Sorry,I just couldnt really get into to this book,Roger Moore has lead a very interesting life,but I prefered Michaels book.!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very tame!, 4 Mar 2013
I thought this would be more humorous having heard him talk but I think he misses the mark. Got fed up hearing about his illnesses and a lot of the show biz quotes I have heard elsewhere. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography (Paperback)
learned a lot I didn't know about Sir Roger, a cracking read with quite a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour and some laugh out loud moments - turns out he's quite a practical joker. very enjoyable, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Moore - funny and engaging, 29 Oct 2010
For all Bond fans/ Roger fans, this is an absolute must have. And even if you're not, this is gentle, funny and never less than utterly enjoyable. No salacious gossip, muck-raking or maliciousness - it's just a really nice read. There are some genuinely touching moments - particularly when he talks of his friend David Niven or his work through UNICEF.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight, 25 Sep 2010
This review is from: My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography (Paperback)
Sir Roger is a national treasure, and this long-awaited volume of memoirs is a delight from start to finish. He covers all the highs and lows in both his life and his career, and he does so with his customary charm, wit and good grace. The best praise I can give it is that I've read it not once but twice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very revealing!, 11 July 2010
V. Ballinger "Remy booker" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography (Paperback)
A gentle read - great to have on holiday or around the pool but Roger Moore has deliberately remained more than discreet about his life. I sometimes wonder why celebrities bother to "write" an autobiography if they can't be completely honest. Whilst readers don't want salacious details, we do buy biographical books to inform us about the person in whom we're interested.

As I said a gentle read about a man who perhaps has achieved more in his life after retiring from films. The work he has done and still does with UNICEF is admirable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A former James Bond., 2 Jun 2010
Mrs. Jl Allen (North Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband. He enjoyed this book very much and found it very interesting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography
My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography by Roger Moore (Paperback - 7 May 2009)
7.11