5.0 out of 5 stars So funny
A really good read, Wish I had the nerve/sense to write some of those letters. Very amusing and good value.
Published 6 months ago by M. Prowse

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive and dull - not for me
Published 17 months ago by S. Burnett

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive and dull - not for me, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Dear Customer Services: Letters From the World's Most Troublesome Shopper (Paperback)
The first couple of letters are good, but after that it becomes really boring and so repetitive and I didn't even finish this book in the endl. I bought this as I had read that is was better than The Internet Is A Playground and I'll Go Home Then, It's Warm And Has Chairs by David Thorne which have me in tears in laughter, but I do not agree at all with those reviews unfortunately. I would not recommend - buy a David Thorne book instead

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as Robin Cooper, 31 Dec 2008
Who is Terry Ravenscroft? Is he a 68-year-old lorry-driver with small children or is he just a prank letter-writer who assumes a new identity for each new missive? That's a question I found myself coming back to again and again throughout this collection of letters.

Yes, there were connections between the letters, references and similar themes, but the feeling I got after reading this book is that Ravenscroft (Mr) is the latter. In that sense it's less satisfying that Robin Cooper's Timewaster Letters, where we see a character emerge and develop with each new letter. You could imagine a personality behind each letter and how they fitted into the writer's world. I didn't get that with Terry Ravenscroft.

Also, unlike Cooper, Ravenscroft is often quite aggressive in his letters. He often chides his correspondent for not replying soon enough or demands free vouchers or samples from them. He is also quite often rude, talking about his sex life and intimate health problems such as his "anal pain".

Another thing about this book I didn't like is that it gets a bit boring after a while because he writes mostly to food manufacturers and supermarkets. There are only so many interesting angles you can come at them from and he explored most of them in the first dozen or so letters, which meant that the rest seemed a bit recycled.

I don't know why, but I only laughed at the last few letters in the book. I smiled at a few others earlier on. I only paid half price which seems about right. This is a good book to pick up to read only a few letters at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 7 Mar 2014
M. Prowse "Mazzi" (Devon England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as Gift, 19 Sep 2013
This book was sent promptly, was good value for money and just what was wanted for Christmas by the person concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hahah!, 4 Mar 2013
This writer has too much time on his hands and an excellent sense of humour.

The lengths he goes to to wind the companies up are brilliant.

A very funny read.

5.0 out of 5 stars do not read this in public, 4 Mar 2012
Read this book some time ago and found myself looking for short stories to read on the recent plane ride I have just taken,I laughed so much I think I was disturbing some of the other passengers. In fact I may have given Terry another follower as the bloke next to me asked what I was reading that was so funny so I let him read a couple of the letters, cannot for the life of me think of how he keeps thinking these things up.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a book you certainly won't regret buying., 6 April 2009
J. Lamb - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There are reviews which say that this wasn't as good as Robin Cooper's The Timewaster Letters, but to be honest, I think it's the other way round. I laughed and laughed and laughed while reading this, while Robin Coopers made me chuckle every now and then. I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GENIUS NUTTER, 8 Oct 2010
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS BOOK IS ITS TOO SHORT -I READ IT IN ONE GO. ALSO GET HIS AIRMAIL BOOK AS ITS JUST AS FUNNY. YOU WILL FIND IT FUNNIER IF YOU ARE A SWITCHED ON CLEVER PERSON AS YOU GET HIS POINT OF THE LETTERS.
YOU CAN ALSO TAKE SOME TIPS FOR WRITTING YOUR OWN SERIOUS COMPLAINT LETTERS. -WELL WORTH THE PRICE FOR THE LAUGH YOU GET -AFTER ALL ITS THE SAME AS A TRASHY MAGAZINE NOWDAYS
CAN YOU WRITE SOME MORE PLEASE MR RAVESCROFT

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 11 Mar 2009
Again, not as good as Robin Cooper but still some fine ideas here. He certainly would be annoying to deal with, but I got quite a few chuckles here and there. Lacks Cooper's particular brand of the surreal, sadly, so it's not quite as good. Still funny, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed so much people looked at me strangely!, 14 Oct 2008
Laughed so much people looked at me strangely on the train! One of the funniest books I have read in years! Please buy this as I am sure you too will be in stitches. From someone of such great comic talent I would expect nothing less and YOU will not be dissappointed! Worth looking at Air Mail by the same author!

Dear Customer Services: Letters From the World's Most Troublesome Shopper