on 3 January 2008
My son was seven in November and is in class two. I have started using these exercises in addition to his homework as he doesn't get a lot of maths work brought home. I am not a pushy mother but actually enjoy working through this book with my son, they are fun exercises and I only do 1 a night. I have been surprised how much I have learnt too, it's amazing how much you forget, ie. hundreds, tens and unit. I would suggest that you get the revision guide book with it as it helps to explain to the kids and yourself how to understand the phrasing they use. The answers are in the middle of the book, so if in doubt you could always get the answer first and work back from that with them!!! I photocopied the pages for them to work from so that the book doesn't get ruined and can be used again for my youngest!
on 12 August 2009
I thought the ideas in this book were good but more examples for practise would have been useful.
on 14 February 2012
As my son's maths skills were falling behind (in y3) I decided to go right back to year 2 and start again. With this work book he has been able to complete most activities by himself only needing a little guidance from me. His maths skills have come back up to par with a leap and a bound!
on 28 November 2011
Excellent book for getting practice in before those SATS tests!
My daughter enjoyed working through this and answers are provided so parents can check.
Highly recommend.
on 5 July 2010
I bought this workbook for my son who's 7 and in year 2. He needed a little extra numeracy practice and i couldnt find much that was age/level appropriate until i came across this. It has everything in it that i wanted, and was a reasonable price. I'd definately recommend it if your child, like mine, needs a little top-up at home to refresh concepts learnt at school.
on 4 September 2009
This is a nicely-presented, good quality workbook. The tasks are diverse, and generally it's very clear what to do. Younger children 5-7 will generally need help, older ones will manage this independently. My only criticism is that the tasks are quite mixed in difficulty from the outset, I would have liked to see the first 10 pages or so with slightly easier stuff to help get them started.
on 26 August 2010
A book marked 'maths' is never going to be popular during the summer hols in our house, but this has been useful and has been completed (!) as consolidation of existing learning.

Good tips are given on the pages, though these might need to be pointed out
on 23 September 2013
My 6 year old has just started using this and I think it is at the right level to give him confidence but also to stretch him a little to understand more challenging maths concepts. The exercises are grouped together into bite size pieces of work, which make it easy for him to complete without getting too bored and losing concentration
on 15 June 2013
I bought this workbook as I do maths every night at home with my son and the work I was setting him was getting repetitive so I bought this book for ideas! It is a good book instructions aren't to clear and I myself have to read a couple of times to grasp it.
on 1 January 2013
This resource required a teacher or parent to be accessible to the pupil. Pre-requisite skills also needed to be covered separately. It also needs to be used long before the SATS test, Ideally this should be used a year in advance.