4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Resource, 11 Feb 2006
Suzie "Say something about yourself!" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Expressive Activities and Asperger's Syndrome: Social and Emotional Skills and Positive Life Goals for Adolescents and Young Adults (Paperback)
As a person with Asperger syndrome, this book won brownie points with me straight off when it says in the intro. “The Asperger perspective is just as valid as the non-Asperger perspective”. I found the approach described here refreshing and interesting and I wish that I could have gone somewhere to take part in these sorts of activities when I was an adolescent… they actually sound like they would have been quite fun as well as helpful. I’m not a teacher, or a social worker, or a psychologist, and I don’t know what you would be looking for in a book like this, but it seems to me like it has got loads of well thought out and explained activities, so I would be surprised if it were to disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful book, 16 Feb 2010
Book was purchased by staff member who stated that it was useful in the delivery of their project for young people with learning disabilities.