‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book on Home Ed you'll ever need., 28 Dec 2008
E. Pilley (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
This book was great. For people just wanting to know a bit more about it, for current home educators who are curious how other people do it, for those with a specific question, this book covers it all. It tells you all you need to know to make the decision about whether home education is right for your family but without being preachy or dull. The quotes from real-life families are human and illuminating and Mountney portrays the whole spectrum of methods of home education with careful summaries of the main points and advantages and disadvantages. This is a book to read cover to cover, or to buy and keep to refer to as and when specific issues pop up. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are thinking of Home Educating this is the book to buy, 10 Mar 2011
J. Millington "julie_snoringcat" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
This book is fantastic, it answers every question that you could possibly think off to do with Home Educating. I have HE'd my children from a young age, and wish this had been around when we started. I have bought my own copy as it is a great reference for me as the children get older and move into different stages.

If you are thinking of Home Educating, then this is the one book you really must buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Liberating, 2 Jan 2014
AndyS "Andy" (Leeds, W Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So tests are for teachers benefit, exams aren't essential and the national curriculum isn't mandatory. (Which is just as well as it seems to change with politicians whims). It's home education, not home schooling. It's about the individual child not aiming somewhere where a class of ~30 children might benefit. About experiencing rather than academic learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 12 July 2010
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
Fantastic book, answered lots of my questions about home educating. Would definitely recommend it :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 19 Mar 2011
Mrs. A. K. Paton (MILTON KEYNES) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
Really good book for lots of reasons. A lot of home schooling books are American and so this English book is more relevant to us in the UK. The writer is very experienced and is able to point out all the pros and cons of home schooling, and many points that the unexperienced parent would not have thought of themselves. It also gives positive and useful information and advice to successfully homeschool.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first book to start you on your journey, 1 Oct 2011
J. Hawksworth "Mrs Maker" (Whitzend, Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
I loved this book and found it very inspirational on many levels. My children were having a terrible time settling into school and were changing from avid learners to sobbing wrecks.

I felt equally uninspired by the atmosphere within their school and the national curriculum. Since reading this I joined a home school network and blossomed as both an individual and a parent. I tackled the school issues and when I realised they could not be resolved I moved my children to an environment more fitting to their needs. If this still proves too problematic I now have the courage to start home educating full time.

This book is thought provoking (and you'll find your self nodding in agreement a lot whilst reading it and practical. It give honest advice, gentle guidance and includes resource lists to help you find out more.

Me and my family are much happier for reading it and we are enjoying learning again..my next must read books are going to be 2 books by John Holt.

I have remember how much I love to do and learn new things and would recommend this book to anyone experiencing difficulties with education or who wants to adopt a more open minded approach to learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Easy 5 Star Book, 30 Aug 2013
Miss Samantha Grayson (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book at the time I was panicking about if I should or shouldn't home school. I felt I knew nothing. This book put my mind at ease and guided me through what I needed to know. Its one of those books I know I will be coming back to again and again.
The author clearly knows what they are talking about - a must have book for all UK home educators

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and helpful book, 17 Oct 2009
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
I bought this book as we were beginning to think about home educating our children. I found it very clear and full of useful information. I felt it gave me the knowledge and encouragement I needed to make the decision to home educate. I would certainly recommend it to others and am thinking of buying another copy to lend to people who are confused by our decision!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
I read this book when I was thinking about home educating my child and found it really helpful. It answers all the questions you may have and lot's more. I now home educate my child and refer to this book for advise when ever I am unsure on anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book on a very important subject, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Learning without School: Home Education (Paperback)
For anyone who is contemplating home educating their child, this is the perfect book -- very well written, packed full of really useful information and takes the fear and myths out of home-schooling your child. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Learning without School: Home Education
Learning without School: Home Education by Ross Mountney (Paperback - 17 Nov 2008)