5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, user-friendly resource

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 18 Jun. 2007 by J. Edwards

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Jun. 2007
J. Edwards (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I was disappointed in this book. It's a programme of activities that's very classroom-orientated. Great if that's what you're looking for but I wanted to be inspired with new activities for my therapeutic practice and it didn't happen. In my experience, the disaffected kids I work with dislike worksheets intensely because they are made to do (and fail at) so many of them in class. Some sheets could be adapted into a more physical sense but I won't be bothering!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, user-friendly resource, 30 July 2007
Julie A (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helping Children to Build Self-Esteem: A Photocopiable Activities Book (Paperback)
'Helping Children To Build Self Esteem' is a great resource to use as a complete programme or to 'dip into' in order to focus on specific areas. The fun way in which the resource is presented and the way in which the children are encouraged to use their imagination has inspired children who have been otherwise reluctant to participate and engage effectively in group activities. As a Teaching Assistant I have found this book to be a very valuable, user-friendly and adaptable resource which I have ejoyed using and would not hesitate to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really valuable resource, 5 July 2007
This book Helping Children to Build self-Esteem is a really valuable resource. It provides the means, in a natural, fun and stimulating way, to support children to grow and develop healthily. Simultaneouly, the children are being trained to make use of the imagination, which is the most powerful untapped resource, and as a result, will be available to them for their whole lifetime. Great for anyone involved in education or child care work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 Jan. 2009
J. Homer (West Mids, UK) - See all my reviews
As a mom, I wanted to help my son. I do not have an educational background and so wanted soemthing easy to follow and which would not overface me and my son. It can be easily geared to suit you - pick and mix and choose what activities you want to do. We have not completed the book but are having fun together and I'm learning things about him which is helping our relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous resource, 1 Dec. 2010
Colleen Smith "c smith" (Swindon England) - See all my reviews
Fabulous resource whether working with groups or individuals. Pages can easily be adapted and you can pick and choose from any section.

Easy to use and extremely practical, lots of tips and ideas to support young people.

4.0 out of 5 stars building self esteem up in children!, 7 Mar. 2010
When I recieved this book I took a quick glance and there is lots of ideas for you to help the children to build their self esteem up. Now I have had time to take a detailed look the book is really well layed out and it gives you the theoretical background which is intersting and it gives you a wider understanding. Then it breaks down to giving you instructions for self esteem activities and finally worksheets which you can photo copy.The activities are great and you can adjust them to the age of your children.

5.0 out of 5 stars only my opinion but......, 15 Oct. 2012
I am using this in my work as a family support worker for a small charity. It is very useful and helps with new ideas. I am using the parent section to support parents in continuing the self esteem work being carried on in groups with their children. It has helped to highlight for the parents where their own low self esteem impacts on their children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 28 April 2013
Lots of fresh ideas, Good worksheets, good advice. Easy to follow. I have recommended this book to others working in primary education.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Aug. 2014
Such an easy practical way to get client's to do some homework:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 20 Sept. 2013
helpful book used to support young carers in one to one sessions

helpful for new ideas to support the work

Helping Children to Build Self-Esteem: A Photocopiable Activities Book
Helping Children to Build Self-Esteem: A Photocopiable Activities Book by Deborah M Plummer (Paperback - 27 Mar. 2007)