5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational
Published on 12 Nov 2005 by Caz233

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Hard reading kept repeating and slow
Published 1 month ago by judith nevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 12 Nov 2005
This review is from: Dancing with Dementia: My Story of Living Positively with Dementia (Paperback)
Reading Dancing with Dementia is a must for any person who has been diagnosed with Dementia, Professional or Carer. The book is truly inspirational and Christine is so positive about her journey. As a professional, I found that it helped confirm where we had got it right and thus continue to carry on and move forward but it also highlights the road that we still need to travel if we are to deliver a truly person centred approach.
The book took me 4 hours to read - I couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars A positive experience!, 15 Sep 2010
I really liked this book. Bryden is pretty forthright in her writing, but also manages to tackle the subject sensitively. She gives a real insight into what it is like to live with this disease, particularly the problems she had during conferences and whilst travelling during her work in highlighting the issues for dementia sufferers. I found the sections where she described how she feels in some common situations very enlightening.

I think this book would prove valuable to any carer or sufferer who is interested in gaining a better understanding of the experience of dementia.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring book, 5 July 2011
As a worker within dementia care I read a lot of research and dementia related material but not really for pleasure and certainly not at bed time! Dancing with Dementia however broke all my rules. Its positive, inspiring and written with such warmth, I couldn't put it down. Christine Brydon gives hope to us all as she makes the possibilities, for those with dementia and those whose lives it touches, real. I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 18 Oct 2008
This book is written by a frontal lobal dementia sufferer which makes it more remarkable. It gives an insight into the sufferer's point of view which is invaluable in giving advice in how to respect all individual's suffering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 14 Feb 2014
Ellen Dale (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Anyone and their care partners who have just been diagnosed with any dementia should read this. I wish we had read 6 years ago when my husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia. will certainly recommend it to people at our Memory Café and other groups we belong to

4.0 out of 5 stars Danging with Dementia:My Story of Living Positively with Dementia., 1 Nov 2011
This book is a great personalised account of Christine's daily life of living with Dementia. It has handy hints and tips for any family who has a family member in the same position as Christine. A good read and it therefore gives an honest account of Christine's thoughts and feelings from Diagnosis to present time. The book also shows the bravery and unconditional determination that Christine has shown, with the help of her family, in raising awareness of Dementia globally. Good luck to you, Christine, and your family.

4.0 out of 5 stars a hard world to live in!, 6 Aug 2011
it was a very interesting andhelpful read for anybbody who has a family member going through dementia. my family has been living with it for 10 years now. if I had read this book back then how different I would have done things for my beloved mother..xx christine's book is a credit to her.

5.0 out of 5 stars review for wifey, 7 May 2014
bought this book for my wife she said it was just what she was looking for and it arrived in good time

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 19 April 2014
D. Butt (Welwyn Garden City) - See all my reviews
This book gives a wonderful insight into the world of a persons experience of dementia. Brilliantly written and so helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, 23 Feb 2014
It was recommended as research after attending a training course and has been an interesting read. Amazing author, very honest.

Dancing with Dementia: My Story of Living Positively with Dementia
Dancing with Dementia: My Story of Living Positively with Dementia by Christine Bryden (Paperback - 15 Feb 2005)
12.87