Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 9 December 2015
Nice and straight forward.
on 2 October 2015
Yeah i love it
on 24 September 2015
Great, updated from my very old original copy
on 8 April 2015
I am gold I have found it again. I have lost the first to the fire and although I voued never to replace anything, the replacement of this dictionary was axception.
on 25 August 2014
being dyslexic this is a dictionary that i can actually use
on 22 November 2013
This book is superb. It was bought to assist my young grandson who is a very good reader and who has good comprehension, however he does get confused with certain aspects of spelling and word construction. This is the key which unlocks those mysteries. Highly recommended if you are in a similar situation.
on 7 September 2011
I am reliably informed that this book is now out of print. However, the Barrington Stoke School Spelling Dictionary is a special edition of this international best selling dictionary with fewer headwords and a simpler accessible layout. Very similar to the Dictionary Of Perfect Spelling but only provides the word spelling and not the meaning of the word, so it depends on what you want the book for as to whether you want to pay the high price for a second hand copy.
on 18 November 2010
I bought this book for my ten year old daughter who has significant problems with spelling. I looked at dyslexia dictionaries but they didn't seem to be very helpful. This one is very good, you think how a word is spelt starting with the first couple of letter sounds and how you might spell it, then look it up, it gives you the spelling you THINK it is with the CORRECT one next to it. Brilliant!
The book is colour coded so you know if the word is correct or not. We have used a highlighter pen for easy access to the words which she struggles with repeatedly.
My only negative point is that it is quite a big book containing pretty much all the words, which might seem a bit daunting to a young person struggling with spelling, it would be fantastic if there was a junior version of this book.
Having said that my daughter will keep this book all the way through secondary school, so I am very pleased with it.
Whoever wrote this book understands what it is like inside the brain of a struggling speller.Dictionary of Perfect Spelling
on 23 February 2010
Very please with the service kept informed, very fast delivery, highly recommend would use again
on 9 February 2009
this dictionary is one of the best I've ever used, would help anybody, not just people, with dyslexia.