Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 April 2003
This book is an excellent addition for those who use and read the I Chin; The Book of Changes. The two methods explained are extremely accurate and easy to use. The layout of the book is also very easy to follow and there is no lack of good examples. The concept of a combined system (coin tossing, trigrams obtaine from elements and self and response lines) is unique in its approach and depth. I urge every user of the I Ching to take a look at this book, it brings a whole new spectrum of possibilities to the already incredible oracle.
the book also adds a new understanding to the whole issue of Chinese Astrology, and will also help with any Feng Shui work undertaken. Truly a great adition.
Antonio
on 14 October 2008
This book is a great addition to the literature about the I Ching.

It is easy to use and I particularly like the simple descriptions of the hexagrams as they are straight to the point.

What is really great about this book is the different methods it gives to work with the hexagrams. These are clearly written with lots of examples that make them easy to follow.

If you want to become a student of the I Ching I think this book is a must as it gives some great insights to the text that have not been available in the past and provides many methods for interpretation.

I have struggled with the I Ching when I've used other books as I have found it so difficult to understand the text and how to interpret the moving lines but having used this book for approx a year my understanding of the I Ching has developed considerably on many levels.
on 11 October 2014
First I would like to support reviewer Michel Czehatowski in confirming the book has several errors; For example on page 90 the upper trigram is stated as nuumber 2 when it is actually number 8, plus the element is incorrectly assigned to animals in a few instances, and the worst one of all, in figure 19 all the columns are offset by one to the right. I find it astonishing that people have been apparently using this table successfully for 10 years since the book was published and nobody has picked this up?
I am very familiar with the classical method of consulting the oracle, and bought this book a few years ago, with a view to getting finite answers instead of 'guidance' from the I-Ching. However, whenever I tried to learn this system, the inconsistencies and errors I was getting when trying to work through examples, always left me frustrated, and I put the book back on the shelf. Recently however I tried again, this time copying every table into MS Excel in order to more easily find out where I was going wrong. As it turned out, this method illuminated the several errors in the book.
However - you will note the 4 stars on the review. This is because once my copy of the book had been amended where necessary, this method proved to be easy and illuminating. I'm glad I was stubborn enough not to give up.
Although it is very difficult to grasp at first (animals, elements, branches stems etc.), I think those serious enough to learn the Mei Hua, Na Jia and Integrated method, will be rewarded with a great prophetic tool.